I am 5 months post-op Vaser. Am I going to see any more results beyond this point? (photo)

After 5 months of waiting for the lumps and bumps and irregularities on my abdomen to go away, I'm starting to feel like these are my final results. My doctor offered Z-Wave treatments as well as emphatic drainage massages, which I have done several times post-op. Those treatments are complete, I no longer feel swollen, but the lumps remain. Is this as good as it gets?!

VASER 4D HI DEF abdomen liposuction post-operative treatment lumps and bumps revision liposuction VASER scar tissue treatment

Hi Aprilshowers2000, Thank you for your question regarding lumps and bumps 5 months after VASER 4D HI DEF abdomen.  I would give yourself another 2 months. The lumps and bumps are probably scar tissue, not edema or swelling.  At this point, I do not think Z-wave or lymphatic massage will help.  Rather, I would suggest deep tissue massage to break underlying scar tissue.  I would continue deep tissue massage three times a week for six weeks.  Post-VASER abdominal wall scar tissue may last for up to one year. The amount of scar tissue depends on the aggressiveness of your plastic surgeon, amount of fat removed, and amount of thermal energy used by the VASER.  All these contribute to the creation of scar tissue. If in two months after deep tissue massage your results are unchanged, please revisit with your plastic surgeon.  You may need VASER liposuction revision to remove or break-up scar tissue. If you have any questions regarding VASER liposuction, please call my office at (310) 859-7770.    Sincerely, Dr. J. T. Katzen.

Vaser lipo recovery.

At 5 months most of the swelling has resolved.  This is probably where you are going to end up.  I would meet with my surgeon and go over my before/after photos and discuss my expectations.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Vaser High Definition Liposuction

Vaser liposuction can take up to 1 year to settle.  I have seen these lumps get better at about the 1 year after surgery. Although some of the other doctors are relaying this is close to your final result, I would not agree.  Some of the lumpiness may be scarring and it can get better for massage.  I would suggest you do circular massage for 3 minutes 3 times a day for 3 weeks and then assess if it is getting better before you consider revision surgery.  It is to early to consider more surgery. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Unhappy With Vaser Liposuction Results, See Expert for Revision

Unfortunately,
these are probably your final results. It looks like you need an expert for a formal evaluation in hi def VASER revision or non invasive treatments such as vanquish, coolsculpting/sculpsure, exilis/venus legacy.  z wave and cellutone treatments would be a good first option.  Best, Dr. Emer

Final results after liposuction

At five months your results are final or very very close to final. Based on your pictures I'm guessing someone may have tried to do high definition VASER liposuction? That procedure can leave somewhat uneven contours if done on people with skin laxity. Patients with skin laxity are also generally prone to more uneven contours. I suggest following up with your plastic surgeon to see if you may be a candidate for some type of revision. I don't believe the secondary treatments you describe will have any significant impact. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

I am 5 months post-op Vaser. Am I going to see any more results beyond this point?

Thank you for your question and photo. I think you are right, it is as good as it gets. The VASER is a powerful tool in the right hands. In the not well trained surgeon's hands or not understanding the technology well, it can lead to suboptimal results. The lumpiness is from the uneven fat emulsification and irregular liposuction technique of the surgeon. The abdomen is not flat like a table top, but it has some grooving defined by the underlying musculature. If the surgeon does not know how to define this, these are the results that are expected. Most surgeons try to give you a flat, amorphous looking abdomen and the results end up looking like yours. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for a second opinion. If you want this improved, you will need additional surgery. Good luck.