I want liposuction of my circumferential calves, thighs and mid section. Should this be same day or staged?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- CALVES AND MULTIPLE AREAS

I do a significant amount of full leg/body contouring.  You really shouldn't do the full calves/ankles and thighs on the same day.  This causes significant swelling and is often takes many months to resolve.  I do calves with torso/arms and then thighs/buttock another day.  I suggest you see someone who does a significant amount of full body VASER 4D shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lipo Process

When it comes to liposculpting multiple areas, I find that it's better to separate them.  Typically I address the full abdominal area (tummy, flanks, love handles) in one session and then the lower extremity in another session.  These sessions can be as soon as two day apart. By following this approach, it's easier on your body and typically translates to a nicer recovery and outcome.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Multiple areas for Lipo

If you are in good health the simple answer is YES all of those areas can be treated in one session and frequently are.  So go on some consults with experts in the area, look at photos, compare fees and find your surgeon.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Serial liposuctions are the best way to go for multiple areas.

When patients need many areas done with lipo then doing them in 2-3 procedures are the best way to get the best results when done under tum. local. Even 3 procedures can all be done during the same week and back to work the following week.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction of calves thighs and mid section.

In almost all cases and assuming that you're enjoying good health you should be able to undergo liposuction of your legs, calves and trunk during one session.  Depending upon your size the limit of ~4000 ccs should not be exceeded for your safety.Select your plastic surgeon carefully and enjoy your results. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction Questions

Hello,Depending on your age, health, and preferences, this may be accomplished safely in one sitting. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform this surgery regularly. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Liposuction of multiple areas

It is generally safe to have multiple areas suctioned in one trip to the operating room as long as the amount of fat removed is below a certain threshold.  It is best to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who can determine the approximate amount to be removed and if it can be performed safely in the same day.

Camille Cash, MD

Multiple liposuction areas.

Yes, it is common for liposuction to be done in multiple areas, but you should be aware, that lipo of the calf area does not have ideal results because of the thickness and texture of the tissue in that area.

Liposuction

thank you for your question.  There is no reason that you can't have all of that done at the same time. Make sure that you elevate your legs after surgery to keep the swelling to a minimum and wear compression as well. Best of luck. 

Liposuctionn - legs and abdomen. All in one operation?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • This can be done in one operation if the amount of fat removed is 5 liters or less -
  • And the amount of time needed is 6 hours or less.
  • The best way to be sure that a one-stage operation is best, is to find the right plastic surgeon for you and have a consuiltation to discuss your options.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FAC