What treatment would you recommend to get rid of excess skin on my eyelids. (photos)

I am 18 years old and have genetically loose upper eyelid skin. For about 3 years now I have been wearing eyelid tape everyday to give me an eyelid. Without the tape it is difficult for me to apply makeup. At this point I am looking for something more permanent than wearing tape everyday. As you can see in the photos I have some skin that I can eliminate. I know I am extremely young but this is something that bothers me every day and I am ready to do something about it.

Treating excess skin in the upper eyelid

You have great options for upper eyelid skin redundancy. As has been mentioned, a skin pinch blepharoplasty would resolve your concern. In addition, fillers may help to improve fullness due to a deflated crease. Botox can also help lift the brow. Lastly, laser skin resurfacing of the upper eyelids is a minimally invasive, and nonsurgical option to consider.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical options

Since you are young, you likely have healthy collagen that can be strengthened using Ultherapy to lift and tighten skin around your eyes for a subtle natural looking improvement. Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology and is a one time procedure that can yield improvement for up to two years. You can also consider Viora using radiofrequency to tighten skin around your upper lids.  I recommend going to the ultherapy.com or vioramed.com websites to find experienced aesthetic professionals convenient to your location. Both these possible solutions are not permanent but are non-surgical and non-invasive with no downtime.

Conservative upper eyelid blepharoplasty

You may benefit from conservative upper eyelid blepharoplasty. But make sure the person is an oculofacial plastic surgeon and evaluate you, thoroughly. 

Blepharoplasty

Thanks for your question and photos
I would suggest either conservative blepharoplasty or browlift.
Also small amount of botox can be used to slightly elevate the eyebrows.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Having eyelid surgery at your age is not unheard of!

You have a legitimate concern.  For these situations, I perform what I call a micro-blepharoplasty.  It is critical to understand that the fullness of the upper eyelid fold be preserved to avoid a surgical look.  You need a structured anchor blepharoplasty with minimal skin removal.  If you look on the page linked below, you will see several examples of these micro-blepharoplasties.  Remember that there is no substitute for a personal consultation and thank you for the baby pictures.

Youthful Upper Eyelids

I agree that your upper eyelids look great.  Nice youthful contour.  Having eyelid surgery at your age is basically unheard of.  You may end up looking hollow and fake.  Botox may help but would not promise that either.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Youthful upper eyelids already

Your upper eyelids look fine and youthful and I don't think surgery is needed yet.  You can try botulinum toxin injection for modest brow lift which can stretch the "loose" skin.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

You have a lower eyebrow on the right that is exacerbating the upper eyelid skin.  I would suggest a botox brow lift to start.  If a blepharoplasty is done without raising, supporting the eyebrow tissue then your eyebrows will become more asymmetrical.  

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Your options include a conservative blepharoplasty, or botox injections to raise the eyebrow.  This would spare you the surgical option for a period of time.  Of course, these are suggestions based on photos only.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

What treatment would you recommend to get rid of excess skin on my eyelids?

In spite of your young age, since you have heavy upper lids that concern you, you may benefit from a very conservative upper lid blepharoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon