I am interested in doing RF Fractora - to tighten skin on face and neck

However I was told that it works like a microwave and heats up the layer of the skin which makes moisture go away - but in a short time skin goes back to previous state - and basicaly you have to keep doing it to get same effect ? is that true? does it have these side effects?

I am interested in doing RF Fractora - to tighten skin on face and neck #fractora #fractorarf #fractoraskintightening

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fractora skin tightening could be administered in two modalities: standard and intense.

Standard treatments are performed every 3 to 6 weeks are requires a series of 3 treatment to have the desired effect. Standard treatments are associated with minimal downtime.

Intense treatment requires only one (1) treatment to deliver the results. However, since the treatment is 'intense' is associated with downtime of about 1 week 

Fractora

thanks for your question. fractora works in 2 ways - the array of fine needles create micro trauma ion the skin tissues which stimulates new collagen. Then radiofrequency energy is distributed through the pins which further creates a type of thermal injury to the tissues. this further stimulates collagen resulting in tightening and improved texture of the skin. maintenance is a good idea and this is true of nearly all our treatments except, perhaps, full field type of laser resurfacing.

Rick Balharry, MD
Calgary Physician