Would like a facelift at lower cost by a resident. Had a consult for a mini & she said I would be a perfect candidate (Photos)

I need a full facelift and I as a teacher I am flexible with time.

Are You a Candidate for a Facelift

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.

During your #consultation,  your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Full facelift

Based on your photos, I don't think that a mini-facelift is the right option for you. It's not going to deliver an ideal result. I think you need a full facelift with an upper and lower blepharoplasty. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation

Please be careful doing the wrong procedure just for the sake of wanting to do something to address your facial aging pattern. A mini lift will likely leave you with a pulled appearance along your jawline.  Based on your pictures, there are different ways of helping you achieve whatever goal it is that you have in mind. It's very important to discuss your goals and expectations with your surgeon so that you are both on the same page. These goals may be to look younger, less tired, less sad, refreshed, etc. Most patients have a specific goal in mind. It's the role of your surgeon to help guide you through the different treatment options, surgical and non-surgical, that will help you achieve what you have in mind.  This is best accomplished by sitting down with an experienced surgeon who specializes in facial rejuvenation and regularly performs these procedures. 

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower face and neck lift by a resident in training

Minilifts tend to give mini results, therefore we rarely perform them. From the photographs presented, a full and comprehensive lower face and neck lift is required. It is possible to have that procedure performed by a resident in training at your local medical center, but it's equally important to make sure that the supervising physician has excellent credentials and it's important to look at their before and after results. For more information and many examples, please see link and the video below

Mini facelift by surgical resident?

Thank you for posting your question and photographs.  I find you to be very poor candidate in my opinion for a mini facelift if I see the contours of your neck properly.  I think your surgery would be a challenge  for a resident.  Think of the consequences of a disappointing outcome as a result of having your work done by a doctor in training.  I may be wrong and you may get a wonderful result, but the odds are not in your favor in my opinion.  You might be better off simply having fillers or eyelid surgery and delaying the more major procedure that would be required to get a good result.

Good luck with your choices,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Are you a good candidate for a facelift?

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

MACS Lift + Fat Injection

Thanks for your photos. In my opinion you need a MACS Lift procedure. The procedure contains upper and lower blepharoplasty and liposuction for the neck area. A fat injection at your face can be performed at the same time. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs full face lift

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Resident clinics is a good low cost alternative to very expensive cosmetic surgery. However, as any surgical procedure to your face you need to make sure the sponsoring surgeon has good outcomes. 

On a different note, I do not think that a mini facelift is the best procedure for you. there is significant descent of the tissues to your face and neck requiring a more invasive technique.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Residen Facelift

Low cost is a motivating factor, but there are additional risks.

Be sure to understand who is doing your surgery, what role the attending has and how much direction the resident will get. Inquire about past experiences and understand you have more risks than having it done by someone more experienced. 

Dr. J

A. Dean Jabs M.D. Ph.D. FACS
6430 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda MD 20817

FULL FACELIFT NECKLIFT CANDIDATE

Dear lynnemurphy, You would be a candidate for a full facelift/necklift combination. If you came to me for consultation I would likely suggest that you also have some work performed on the upper third of your face with a combination browlift/blepharoplasty to give you an overall more youthful and well balanced appearance. See the weblink below for examples and the video above to see these combined procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD