I am looking for an experience plastic surgeon that specializes in breast liposuction

In LA or Orange County

No such thing as a specialist in breast liposuction

Liposuction of the breast is not commonly done because too much fat removal leaves the breasts saggy, and the breast tissue then becomes very dense without the fat. Any plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery is capable of doing it, but the more important question is the judgment about who is an appropriate candidate for it.

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Breast liposuction

As others have mentioned there really isn't a breast liposuction specialist. Any experienced plastic surgeon has probably done a fair number of these procedures. The key is determining who is a good candidate for this procedure and educating them about what kind of results they can expect.  Rarely do I perform liposuction alone. It is almost always done in conjunction with some type of lift procedure that tightens the loose skin that can result from the liposuction. Having said that, occasionally there is a patient who is ideal for liposuction alone and a great result can be obtained from a very simple procedure. A consultation is obviously necessary to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure. I hope this information is helpful.Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question.The majority of patients who present for breast reduction surgery are not good candidates for  breast reduction by liposuctioning. The rare good candidate requires a  relatively small reduction, has excellent overlying skin elasticity, and does not present with significant breast ptosis (sagging).  As you can imagine, most patients who present for breast reduction surgery do not display these characteristics on physical examination.

Be careful about your selection of plastic surgeon and technique utilized;  revisionary breast surgery can be costly in many ways.   I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.  ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes.

Liposuction Breast Reduction

Hello,There are no specialist that only do that, but cosmetic breast specialists utilize liposuction, especially along the sides of the breast to help finalize and sculpt the breast at the conclusion of a breast lift or breast reduction. In order for this to work, the tissue being suctioned needs to be fat, and very frequently this is not the case in the main part of the breast mound. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery, not just liposuction.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Liposuction specialist?

Any ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon can advise you on the choice of breast liposuction and perform the procedure.  Remember however that if your breasts are fatty you will be left deflated of volume with significant loose skin and emptiness.  If you are a younger woman and have less fat and more glandular tissue, not much will change.  Generally speaking, the best advice for those with DD and DD+ breasts is to consider a breast reduction surgery to significantly lift and reduce breast size to alleviate most back,  neck and shoulder pain.  An appropriate breast reduction surgery also improves form and proportioning and can even improve posture and enable exercising.  Good luck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD