I recently became very ill with C Diff. Will it ever be safe to get a bbl and what would be my options as far as antibiotics.

If you have been effectively treated, you can pursue surgery.  Certain antibiotics tend to more likely result in C. diff.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

C Diff colitis and a Brazilian

you should be able to have a Brazilian butt lift after having had your colitis.
I would suggest having an infectious disease doctor choose the best antibiotics for the procedure.

Each plastic surgeon will have their own view of which type and for how long anabiotic should be used after this procedure.

Most plastic surgeons give antibiotics at the time of the procedure and for a few days afterwards.

There's pretty good scientific evidence that giving a single dose of intra-Venus antibiotics at the beginning of the procedure lowers infection rates.

The scientific evidence of lowered infection rates from giving antibiotics as pills after the procedure is not nearly as clear.
The first thing to do is to find a plastic surgeon that perform the procedure and ask him or her.

Most likely that plastic surgeon would want to discuss this with either your primary care physician or an infectious disease doctor.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

History of Infection & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   An in person consult and review would be necessary prior to rendering a final opinion.  On the surface, a history of C. Diff does not rule out a future BBL.  As far as an appropriate antibiotic for a future BBL, I would want to review that with your Medical Team (i.e. Infection Doctor) that took care of you.   Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon