I am having my BBL in two weeks. Should I schedule lymphatic massages for after the surgery? (Photo)

And I am not sure if I should Schedule lymphatic massages for after the surgery. Does it make a difference?

I'm having my BBL in two weeks. Should I schedule lymphatic massage after surgery?

Thank you for your question. I believe that lymphatic massage is beneficial post liposuction. I have my patients start it first day postop. It is a gentle massage to promote lymphatic drainage and decrease swelling. Discuss it with your surgeon, not everyone believes in early massage. Good luck with your surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lymphatic massages

Dear mdmrtnz86,

some surgeons recommend lymphatic massages and some don't. I would recommend you to check it with your plastic surgeon and follow his advice.

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

Lymphatic massages

Dear mdmrtnz86,

Daniel Barrett, MD, MHA, MS 

Member, Am. Society of Plastic Surgery

I recommend my patients to start massaging the liposuction areas about two weeks after surgery. Most patients are sore  and don't feel comfortable massaging right after surgery.

Post op massage

Thank you for your question.   Check with your surgeon and get his recommendation.   I don't require massage post op, but I do encourage it as a majority of my patients find it beneficial.   If he/she is okay with it, go ahead and schedule your appointment.  It is one less thing to worry about and can always be changed or canceled.  Best of luck.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Post op massage

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon