I am 27, I have chipmunk cheeks and and very unhappy with my profile and the mouth and nose area of my mouth. (photos)

Am I a good candidate for buccal fat removal and what other enhancements would be appropriate to enhance my facial profile. I am tired of wearing tons of make up to achieve the look I want. I am and have always been very insecure especially when anyone takes photos of me or wants to take them with me my mouth and nose area i feel i always have to cover.

I have chipmunk cheeks = buccal fat removal could be a great option for you #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #chiseled #chiseledfac

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Achieving a chiseled, less chubby face requires to address multiple factors in the face and the body composition to contribute to this physical finding. This analysis will help to determine what is the plastic surgery procedure(s) what could best help to correct a chubby face, thus achieve a slimmer more chilled face. 

Some of the physical findings that may need to be addressed to achieve a slimmer / chiseled face are: 

• Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat removal
  • Lower posterior cheek fullness: this could be achieving my treating the masseter muscle ( a masticatory muscle) with Botox. The masseter muscle gives bulk to the lower posterior cheek fullness at the level of the angle of the jaw bone 
  • Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like Voluma or cheek implants 

Patients interested in determining if buccal fat  removal may help to achieve a chiseled face should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face.

Buccal fat reduction to improve appearance around the mouth?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat reduction.

It is difficult to advise you because in the photo, you appear to be beautiful with a lovely profile. I suggest you see a plastic surgeon whom you feel you can trust and go in with NO make-up to show exactly the problem(s) that bother you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I see a beautiful woman

I see a beautiful woman. I also see good features. I think at most maybe you can tighten the jawline with Ulthera but anything you do to your face at this stage please keep it conservative or do it under the guidance of a very experienced and honest board-certified facial plastic surgeon. Your features are too good to ruin.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon