I'm 18, 5'6, 160lb & have always felt unconfident with the appearance of my breast since they really started to develop. (photo)

I always thought a breast lift might do the trick but now that I'm older and have had some time to think I wanted to know if I would be a good client for a breast lift procedure and what kind would have the best results. I am not really worried about scarring either. I haven't been able to look in the mirror and feel good about my chest since I was 14. I just wanna be able to be able to feel confident about myself once again. Also, I apologize for the low quality photos

I'm 18, 5'6, 160lb & have always felt unconfident with the appearance of my breast since they really started to develop.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

A breast lift would certainly be reasonable based upon your pictures and description.  Select a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure several times a week.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

If you're willing to have scars and diminish your ability to breast feed

then you could definitely benefit from a mastopexy or breast lift.  But this comes with risks of losing sensation and diminishing your ability to breast feed.  If you are okay with that, then you can certainly have a more perky look that would be more appealing when undressed.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm 18, 5'6, 160lb & have always felt unconfident with the appearance of my breast since they really started to develop

I do believe that a breast lift, or a small breast reduction will shape your breast better and place it in a more appropriate location for you and would be worth doing

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Reduction to Help Improve Lifestyle

Thank you for the photos and description.Judging by your photos, a breast reduction/lift would provide you with a very nice improvement in the appearance of your breasts.  This would leave you with an inverted T or wise pattern scar.  The reduction may not need to be a significant amount but enough to help decrease the weight of the breasts so to have a longer lasting result from the breast lift.Hope that helps.Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Lift

Thank you for the question and photos and from them you appear to be an excellent candidate for a SPAIR reduction/ lift which will leave you with a lollipop scar.  So find a surgeon in your area who is an expert with this technique
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

BREAST REDUCTION

If you would like to improve your breast shape and size, then a breast reduction will be a good option for you, the scar looks like an anchor and in most of the patients the scars are good. My advice is to get an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get an evaluation of your case, and discuss your goals, limitation, expected results, so you can have all the information to take a decision.

Thanks for your question and photographs.  It is totally understandable that you might feel uncomfortable with your chest due to the pendulousness and droopiness of your somewhat large breasts.  You appear to be a very good candidate for a breast lift with the possible option of some degree of reduction in your size if you wish.  One question that I would ask you is whether your breasts significantly change size if you do have any swings in your weight and do your breasts appear to be still developing.  If not, then I think it is a reasonable consideration to proceed with a full breast lift using the anchor incision pattern.  In my office we have had good luck with Embrace Scar Therapy postoperative management of scars to reduce their visibility and prominence during the initial two months of healing.
Meet with one or more ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons to determine what is the best course for you to take and best wishes.  You may learn more information from the video that I have posted above.
Regards,
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift

A breast lift with an anchor scar is warranted. Must address both horizontal and vertical skin laxity. Review plastic surgeon galleries of lifts and the scars involved 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS