Can my hyperpigmentation go away? (Photo)

I had a breast lift almost 8 months ago and I have hyperpigmentation around all my scars. Can I do anything to lighten it and make it go away..prescription creams? Will they work and is it too soon or late to start? I am really unhappy with my scars but the hyperpigmentation is much more of a problem to me. Picture is from a couple of moths ago but the hyperpigmentation is the same

Thanks for your question.
The hyper pigmentation beyond your scar seems to be your residual areola.  If the residual areolar are bothering you; then it will need to be excised.  Please share your concern with your plastic surgeon.

Peri-areola scars

From your photo is seems that you actually have hypopigmentation of your scars. The best solution for you is to consider medical tattooing which will blend in your scars with your areolas.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Hyperpigmentation post breast lift

Hello Beachqueen-
Time is the best help here, but keeping sun off these areas (beach queen) would be helpful. Ask your surgeon about bleaching creams. If some of the pigmentation is due to residual areola, then that will not go away but might fade some with time. 
After the above is tried over time with patience, one might consider surgically revising the scars and cutting out some of the darker surrounding skin. 
Good luck.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Speak with your surgeon

I would advise you to speak with your surgeon. There are options, but whether they'd be right for you is hard to say without seeing you in person. Also, scars will continue to fade with time so keep that in mind. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD