What is this huge bump near my incision? (photos)

I'm 3 months post FTT and although it looks like an ingrown hair, I just got it after bending at the waist while mopping, scrubbing and cleaning for an hour. It popped and bled A LOT when I squeezed it in the shower.

Bump near Incision

Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns. The bump could possibly be an ingrown hair or your body's reaction to foreign objects. You should follow up with your surgeon to see if you are healing well. Your surgeon should be able to give you definite answer. I wish you the best of luck!

Local Infection

Hello,You will need to see your surgeon for a more thorough debridement of what may be an ingrown hair or foreign body reaction to suture material.  Afterwards, it will heal completely.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Suture vs Hair

Thank you for your question. This area following abdominoplasty often has issues with either suture reaction or in grown hairs. It is important you contact your surgeon as he/she may be able to help alleviate this problem with minimal pain.

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Bump after tummy tukc

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. the bumps could be entrapped hair or a stitch abscess. nothing to be concern about. Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey

Suture knot

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, a hair follicle related issue may be the source of the bump you have depicted.  Another possibility is the presence of a suture knot.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to take a look.  The suture or hair follicle can be removed easily which will allow that area to heal more quickly.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD