Hit in the nose a month post rhino?

2 days ago a child hit me square in the nose, it hurt quite a lot then and for 10 minutes after but no bleeding and no immediate swelling however when i woke up the next day my tip is extremely swollen and my nose seems wider from the front but barely, could that all be due to swelling? One side of my nose that she hit the hardest is still a little tender but other than that it feels ok.

Hit in nose after rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty recovery takes over one year for the swelling to dissipate. In fact, I tell my patients that they will be 90% healed after one year. It's normal to see swelling for the first 6 months. If you've had trauma to your nose, I would speak with your surgeon about it. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD