Hematoma 3 weeks BA, do I look normal? (Photo)

BA was done 5 weeks ago, the doctor was suprised how fast I was healing and breast dropped second day after surgery. 3 weeks post op woke up a chestwall hematoma in left breast had emergency evacuation, they removed 700 cc of blood. Currently 2 weeks post op and wondering if my results are looking normal, I noticed the left breast is a little higher up and wondering if it will drop more ? Also have a little pain but I'm assuming the tissue is just sore.

Healing nicely

Based on your photos, you look to be healing nicely. Your breasts will continue to drop/settle as they heal over the next few months. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Do I look normal?

Based on your photos and your report, you seem to be recovering well. You could expect further settling as you heal, throughout the next few months. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any concerns.

All the best

Hematoma after breast implants

For having had a hematoma drainage, you look quite excellent.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Hematoma 3 weeks BA, do I look normal?

Hello!
Thank you for your question and photos!  Sorry to hear of your unfortunate complication.  Given your photos, all appears to look fine on photos alone.  The description you give sound appropriate given the recent additional procedure, and is likely expected.  However, it is known that hematomas as well as periareolar approach for implant placement does increase capsular contracture rate alone.  I would continue close follow-up with your surgeon and discuss implant massage exercises to hopefully minimize the possibility and degreee of capsular contracture.  Hope that this helps!  Best wishes for an excellent result! 

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Asymmetry After Evacuation of Hematoma

I'm sorry you got a hematoma, especially so long after surgery.  This is quite unusual.  Unfortunately, this whole affair has already lead to higher amounts of inflammation than a normal breast augmentation. Combine that with a periareolar access, which increases your risk of implant contamination, and your likelihood of capsular contracture is much higher than normal. 

You should not be mislead into thinking that implant massage will make a difference. This is a common misconception that many surgeons have, despite clear evidence that massage does not prevent or treat capsular contracture. It simply is not right to tell patients to perform this useless exercise and for them to get capsular contracture anyway.  This makes the patient feel responsible for something that was always out of their control in the first place.

High dose vitamin E and the leukotriene inhibitor Accolate have an unacceptable risk/benefit ratio, with little evidence of any efficacy, and they should not be endeavored. Singular appears safe, however its efficacy in preventing contracture is also arguable.

It is still early and your capsule may relax in time. You should re-evaluate at 6 months, hopefully everything will be fine!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breasts shape following hematoma

From your photos, it seems that you are doing well. You just have to remember that a hematoma will increase your risk of capsular contracture, so you have to be vigilant with your capsular contracture prophylaxis exercises.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Hematoma after breast augmentation

You had a delayed hematoma after breast augmentation at 2 weeks postop. From your pics, everything looks like it is healing as expected. The implant on the left will settle with time. I recommend that you continue to follow closely with your PS surgeon.

Mytien Goldberg, MD, FACS

Hematoma 3 weeks BA, do I look normal?

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, things looks to be healing appropriately.  However, this requires close continued follow up with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Do I look normal?

Thank you for writing. Congratulations on having breast surgery, but sorry about the hematoma. This is a complication that we see about 2% of the time. When treated promptly as you were, there is usually no residual problem. At two weeks post evacuation of hematoma, you look pretty good. You are expected to have some discomfort and swelling, as well as discoloration. It is very important to maintain close follow up with your surgeon.

William McClure, MD

Hematoma And #BreastAugmentation

From your photos, you look to be improving. However, this is something that needs to be evaluated in person considering your history. Keep in mind that a hematoma increases the risk for capsular contracture and you can ask your surgeon more about that if needed. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD