Hate my chest rings, jowls and double chin. What will really work? (Photo)

Rings around upper chest make wearing open tops without a bulky necklace to hide them impossible. I also hate the jowl indentations and double chin I need real solutions please.

Facial jowls, neck rings and chin fullness

Most of what you describe should be treatable with liposuction.

Weight loss may also help.

Jowls are sometimes best treated with a facelift.That procedure may be way beyond what's appropriate desired in your case.

To some degree, jowls can be treated with liposuction. This area has the potential for nerve injuries so some plastic surgeons are cautious in treating it with liposuction.Fillers or at times fat transfer can be used just in front of the jowls to camouflage them.

Depending on your facial profile some people with chin fullness lack chin projection and can benefit from chin enhancement with an implant.
I suggest having one or more in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's to get a proper facial analysis and get a working plan.

When consult thing you should ask specifically about the neck rings and if the plastic surgeon is comfortable performing liposuction that low on the neck.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Chin lipo

You would have very nice results with my chin micro liposculpture.  The procedure is easy 15 minutes, permanent and amazing results and fast recovery.  Cost about $1500.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Chest rings, jowls and double chin. What will really work?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), jowls are present, the chin is weak and there is excess fat below the cheeks and across the neck.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I would combine liposuction for excess fat removal in the face for further shaping of the cheeks.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.  I would combine liposuction across the neck with removal of excess skin using the same incision for chin implant placement.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Treatment for jowls and a double chin

It's important to be at your ideal body weight before making any determination about which elective cosmetic surgery procedure to perform. Make sure your body mass index is below 34. Jowls and loose inelastic skin  are treated with a face and neck lift.  Fatty deposits in the neck are treated with liposuction, as long as the skin tone is acceptable. A full set of facial photographs are required since the neck is a three-dimensional structure. For many examples and more information, please see the link and video below