Are my hairs thick enough for laser hair removal?

I have fair skin and dark brown hairs. The average diameter of the hairs i'd like to remove with a laser is about 0.055 mm. I've read that fine hairs are difficult to treat but i've actually never read how thick a hair exactly needs to be at least to make sure that a laser hair removal can work sucessfully. So i'd like to know if dark brown hairs with a diameter of 0.055 mm on fair skin are thick enough for laser hair removal? Many thanks for your reply

Laser treatment works best with dark hair. Fine hair follicles have less pigment making it difficult to absorb the laser energy to be destroyed. Remember it takes 6-9 sessions of laser treatment to reduce 70%-90% of the hair. This is because not all hair is in its active growth phase. Please have in person evaluation by an expert to go over a treatment plan

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Laser hair removal

Laser hair removal works well but often requires at least 3 treatments or more to make sure all the hair is removed. The reason for this is that not all the hair is in an active or growing phase and only those hairs can be targeted by the laser. Lasers work best with darker hair. Fine hair follicles often have less pigment and are therefore less likely to absorb the laser energy and get destroyed. You may require multiple treatments to get rid of all the fine hairs. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Ready for Removal--Laser Hair Removal, Takes a series of treatments

You would need to be seen for an in-person evaluation. Keep in mind, it takes at least three to six sessions to remove hair permanently. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer