Is this gynecomastia? (Photo)

Had one surgery but still cone shaped and pointy, was lipo only... May need gland removal? Could be some scar tissue aswell, does this complicate next procedure if I get one? Any advice if I go through with another one?

Is This Gynecomastia?

It's a bit difficult to tell from your photos, but you do appear to have some residual tissue under your nipple and areola. Since your prior surgery was only liposuction then this usually means that you have residual glandular breast tissue or true gynecomastia. The glandular breast tissue is quite firm and it cannot be removed by liposuction but rather must be directly excised by an incision that is place along the edge of the areola so it less noticeable. You should look for a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience in treating this condition.

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Is this gynecomastia?

Thank you for the question.It's difficult to tell without an in person examination. If there is firm rubbery tissue below your nipple, then you may benefit from a direct decision. It incision from the 3 to 9 o'clock position on the border of the areola is typically used.I would check back in with your plastic surgeon for another examination.

You have to make sure to pick the right surgeon.To me ti looks like you have a small gyne

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

From your photos, it does not seem as if your breasts would be classified as gynecomastia, but can be improved with some liposuction.

Is this gynecomastia?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it does not appear that you have residual tissue present, but if you feel firm, rubbery tissue behind your nipple you may require direct surgical excision.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are in the best position to evaluate you to offer recommendations.  Hope this helps.