Am I good candidate for vaser lipo or normal lipo? (Photo)

32 year old female, had 1 baby 13 months ago. Always had a pooch even when I was very skinny before I had my baby. Fit and healthy. Gym 4-5 times a week. 1.72m talk and 68 kgs. I'm wanting to get my tummy fixed. Options are either: A. Vaser lipo. I would LOVE high def B. Traditional Liposuction Which would I be a better candidate for? I really can't decide and would really appreciate some proffessional opinions. Thank you in advance ☺

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
you really are a best candidate for full body shaping with vaser and fat transfer but also having tummy tuck/skin removal.  I do this hi def body shaping in my practice with a plastic surgeon at the same time.  please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Am I a good candidate for VASER Lipo or normal lipo?

What you call "normal" Lipo is traditional liposuction. This is the basic technique for all types of liposuction. To achieve better and better results, certain tools were introduced to help the experienced surgeons to take this procedure from fat reduction to revealing the underlying anatomy. Most surgeons, do fat reduction. A smaller number of highly trained board certified plastic surgeons elevated this to body sculpting. A lot of surgeons talk about body sculpting, but in reality they only deliver fat reduction. I prefer the VASER, since this allows me to do both deep and superficial liposuction, thus defining the underlying muscular and skeletal anatomy. Of course, the surgeon has to be knowledgeable about the static and dynamic muscle anatomy to produce a natural, athletic result. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Liposuction

I would suggest focusing more on the surgeon you choose rather than the "type" of liposuction.  Make sure to view before and after pictures of their work.

John L. Burns Jr., MD

Liposuction for tummy pooch

Thanks for your pictures and inquiry.  You undoubtedly have enough fat under the skin to warrant liposuction and you should achieve an excellent result in the hands of a good plastic surgeon.  Technology is far less important than skill and experience.
From your pregnancy you probably also have some degree of muscle relaxation that won't be corrected by liposuction as you're probably aware.  The lipo should provide a very nice improvement for you however.  Good luck and enjoy your results.  Jon Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction sculpting

You appear to be a great candidate for sculpting. As seen in the other answers, the surgeon is the most important decision. Equipment helps, and you must use micro cannulas and a powered device. Go to a few consults until you feel comfortable. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction... Which type?

Dear Ms. Sexyrexy,
Thank you for your questions and photos.

LIPOSUCTION= removal of fat by cannulaes.
there are several types:
a) suction asst. Liposuction (SAL)
b) ultrasonic asst. liposuction (UAL)
c) power asst. liposuction (PAL)
d) laser asst. liposuction (LAL)
e) water asst. liposuction (WAL)
They are all effective and are secondary to the experience of the Plastic Surgeon,
like in golf "it's not the club it's the golfer".

In addition to liposculpting many of us have added non surgical methods "to shrink skin" after liposculpture using Radio Frequency(RF)devices. Two such devices include:
a) Vellashape III
b) Thermi tight

You may need a full abdominoplasty to get the desired "look" you want.

I suggest collecting several model photos of your desired post opappearance and then make  a appointment with a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes,

Lipo

Thank you for your question and it is not the cannula but the hand holding it that makes the difference.  So see some experts in your area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction

Based on your photos there are a few options for you concerning your tummy and hips. Liposuction alone or combining liposuction with some sort of tummy tuck procedure. The key to that decision is the status of your underlying abdominal muscle.  
Liposuction will only remove the subcutaneous fat, the "pinchable" fat. For a good result you need undamaged, tight skin which will shrink well after the fat is removed.  From your photos that appears to be the case: I don't see any hanging skin or stretch marks. Therefore, your skin should should shrink nicely.
But, to have a great result and a fully flat tummy, you will also need minimal internal fat and a tight abdominal muscle as these areas are not addressed with liposuction alone. This is where a consultation and examination is important, to help discern what is internal fat and muscle looseness and what is simply external fat. From my observations of you it appears you are a great liposuction candidate but photos alone are not enough to fully determine this in your case.
As for the type of liposuction, there are many different options.  Most surgeons have moved beyond "traditional" liposuction to ones utilizing newer technologies.  I would strongly say the technology used is far less important than the surgeon using it. Find a board-certified surgeon with a lot of experience and expertise in the liposuction technology they are most comfortable with and that will give you the best chance of obtaining a quality result.  I hope this information answers some of your questions and helps you!

Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Am I good candidate for vaser lipo or normal lipo?

The question of which liposuction technique comes up frequently. I believe that traditional tumescent liposuction can give excellent results in most instances, including your situation. Other techniques can also produce good results, but it is more important who is doiung the procedure rather than the technique or device itself. Pregnancy willl stretch oiut the abdominal muscles and contribute to the protuberant appearance. Liposuction alone will only diminish the fat bulge, and I feel you can still get a nice result with it. It is certainly minimally invasive compared to a tummy tuck, especially of your are not finished having children. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

Thank you for your post and photos. I think you would be the most satisfied with a true tummy tuck. It appears that your pregnancy may have changed your abdominal wall contour (the bulging that you complain about). Liposuction alone may thin your waist line to a small degree, but without repair of the abdominal muscle layer, you will still have the bulging. Best wishes on your decision, and I would start by seeing a couple local plastic surgeons.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon