Can I be a good candidate for tummy tuck? I am 5'2", 250 lbs, 2 csections (Photo)

You are not a good candidate for body contouring procedures

and your results will not be very flattering due to what you are starting with assuming you want the best outcomes possible.  You do need to lose weight, plain and simple.  Your risks for complications are also increased at your current weight.  Work on losing weight and finding the lifestyle to allow you to maintain it easily.  Without weight being stable, any contouring procedure is a waste of money and your time.

Need new photos

It is not possible to determine anything of real usefulness from this type of photograph.  The photographs need to show the area not your clothing.

Can I be a good candidate for tummy tuck?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According to the information you give us, your BMI is a little high, why recommendreducing at least 60 pounds, this must do so with a nutritionist because they may decrease their levels of hemoglobin.
Once has decreased your BMI, I think that you would be an excellent candidate for the TT.Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Schedule consultation with surgeon

It is very difficult to tell from the image you have provided as we cannot assess whether or not you have excess skin. Keep in mind that Liposuction is for fat removal whereas a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) is for the removal of loose skin. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a qualified Plastic Surgeon who will be able to assess you in person and offer more accurate advice.

Edmund Ek, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Can I be a good candidate for tummy tuck? I am 5'2", 250 lbs, 2 csections

Given your height to weight ratio consider losing weight  to a level which makes you surgery safer and could give you a better result (BMI less than 30).  Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Excellent candidate?

In order to know if you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck you need an examination of your abdomen; if you can compress it or pull your tummy in when you suck in, then you are a good candidate; if your belly is taut and you can't suck it in, then you have to lose weight before a tummy tuck; a physical examination will definitively let you know if you will be an excellent candidate or not.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Am I a good candidate for tummy tuck?

Thanks for your question and photograph.  After multiple pregnancies most women can benefit from tightening of the muscles and reduction of loose skin.  At your height and weight however I think it would be inadvisable to proceed with surgery due to increased general medical risks as well as increased risks of poor healing and complications at your BMI (45).  You would have a much better result and a safer surgery if you can lose substantial weight before proceeding.  Good luck to you and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Candidate for tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and the photo. In general, a good candidate for tummy tuck should have a body mass index at 30 or below. You can consult  with a plastic surgeon to give you more information.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Although skin excision of the lower abdomen, something called a panniculectomy may relieve some of the irritation on your lower abdomen, in my opinion I think you would need to lose a significant amount of weight before a tummy tuck will give you a significant improvement. That is because of the amount of intra-abdominal, fat surrounding your organs and that will limit the reshaping of your abdomen with a tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon