Follow-up: Would I be a good candidate for tip rhinoplasty?

To follow up with my previous question would I be a good candidate for just tip rhinoplasty? I dont want my nose super small. im just unhappy with my profile. thank you!

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

Yes, because the tip shape cannot be changed by fillers, a surgical approach would give you the best results. Please see an expert for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Tip rhinoplasty

Dear photos1234,
  • You can have a tip rhinoplasty based on your photos
  • It is best to be examined by a rhinoplasty specialist so you can have an honest discussion of what you want your nose to look like
  • From there you can weigh out your options to see if you would prefer a non surgical or surgical rhinoplasty

Best,Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Surgical rhinoplasty

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty can have significant complications, is not FDA approved, and is only temporary. For a permanent result, the dorsal hump must be shaved down, the bridge line narrowed with osteotomies, and the tip refined through a variety of techniques. Open or closed approach rhinoplasty and both accomplish the goals required.  For more information and many examples of surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below to our photo gallery

Tip rhinoplasty or not

You have a dorsal hump that extends over the middle vault and upper vault; this will have to be lowered using a closed approach; if you feel that your tip is large, then you will need an open rhinoplasty which can correct both your hump and tip; in order to evaluate the tip, a front facing photo is necessary.

Arian Mowlavi, MD