Is this a good candidate for lip injections on top lip? (photos)

I was wondering if my lips would make a good candidate for lip injections for the top lip it usually disappears when I smile and would it be possible to only get injections on the top lip? How much would it cost? Thanks.

Find a surgeon that knows how to listen

You have very nice lips, which if you want them bigger, will improve your chances of an excellent outcome. Don't let a surgeon tell you what you like. If you want your lips larger then find a surgeon that knows how to give patients what they want. I would use Juvederm.

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip Injections and Conservative Approach

You have a nice shape to your lips and you can definitely begin with just the top lip.  I always like symmetry and I would advise against treating just the top and not the bottom.  The results are immediate and you can see how it looks right away. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Fillers Long Term, Use Cannulas and a Conservative approach

You are a great canddiate for lip fillers and need to go to an expert.  I suggest a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Candidate for lip filler

Yes, you would be a very good candidate for upper lip augmentation with fillers. You could expect more balanced lips and a more attractive shape.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Yes, you are a very good candidate for lip augmentation on your upper lip. I typically use Juvederm Ultra XC and it lasts about 9-12 months. There is some swelling and bruising after the procedure , which subsides after 1-2 weeks. I would recommend starting with a filler such as Juvederm and not something permanent to make sure you are happy with the results. All the best, Anita Gill MD

Anita Arora Gill, MD
The Woodlands Dermatologic Surgeon

Ok for only upper lip injection

From the photo it appears that you are a good candidate for upper lip augmentation. You can use one of several synthetic fillers that will be cheaper initially but only have results last for 6 to 12 months. Or you can use natural fat transfer that properly done will last for many years.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections for top lip only

Your upper lip does seem to be lacking volume particularly on the sides and for it to "disappear" as you say when you smile, is very common. 
Yes, you absolutely can only have your top lip injected. You will need to buy a full pre filled syringe, whether or not you use it all. We can almost always find somewhere to put excess filler and some places will keep the leftover syringe for you for another visit later on. 
The cost of a syringe of filler ranges from $400-650 and the result should last you about 6 months. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections usually require at least 1 syringe filler which is $550.

Whenever you get lip injections, the usual amount of filler such as restylane, belotero or juvederm is 1 syringe which costs $550/syringe. Some patients who want a lot of fullness need 2 syringes but 1 is usually enough.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon