Would I be a good candidate for a chin/jaw implant? (photos)

I feel like my face has weak features and is disproportionate. My face seems to look saggy and "heavy" in some places while others look slim. Would a chin/jaw implant or some kind of fillers fix these things and make everything more balanced? Also it makes my nose stand out as fatty and almost crooked & Very piggy .I don't think I am that ugly at all but would greatly benefit from something to make my face seem more defined and masculine. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I would benefit from?

Chin and rhinoplasty

With the amount of chin deficiency you have, you would probably benefit from a sliding genioplasty combined with a chin implant. The nose can be made less short by lengthening the nose - I would prefer using your rib to get enough cartilage for the degree of length you need. Jaw angle implants may also benefit you, but I find these implants to be very difficult to place symmetrically.

Intraorally Chin implant for Face Harmony

Thanks for posting your photos.
A chin implant  would be fine for a  better face harmony but jaw implant isn't necessarily. The chin implant will be set intraorally  which means that you will not have any scar after the surgery.
About your nose. The longness can be corrected by extantion procedure. You are a good candidate for a nasal tip plasty procedure which I suggest to you.
Pls consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation. Web reference (A link

Jawline Augmentation

You have a major lower jaw deficiency with  a very short chin and high jaw angles. Significant improvement in the shape of your lower face can be obtained by a combination of chin and jaw angle augmentation. With your degree of chin shortness you may need to consider a combination of a sliding genioplasty with a chin implant overlay.

Chin Augmentation and Cheek Fillers

Dear Nesto, You would be an excellent candidate for a chin augmentation to help not only balance your profile but your overall facial aesthetics. You also have some flatness in the cheek area as well as some fullness in the lower cheek area so these could be addressed with either buccal fat pad removal or with filler in the cheeks or both. This would be determined upon examination. See an examples of these combined procedures in the video above and chin augmentation in the link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of shapes and sizes, are composed of Silastic, and are placed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. More information, diagrams and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Would I be a good candidate for a chin/jaw implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
 Based upon the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak (as mentioned above) as are the mandibular angles. The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. (as discussed above)
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.