Do you give pain medication after a BBL or a Mommy Makeover? Is it best to do it all at once or just on at a time?

Like if I wanted a significantly bigger butt and a breast lift not necessarily a tummy tuck because I would like to use the fat from my stomach for my butt. Should I still do a mommy makeover or just do them individually?

Medications after BBL or Mommy Makeover

This is a good question. I agree that you should save the fat from the abdomen area to use for your BBL. It is common to pair a breast lift and BBL, even a BBL and Tummy Tuck. However, you have to think about how the recovery process will be like for you. Remember that you can not sit on your buttocks for 2 to 3 weeks. So you have to think about a few different things like recovery time, sleeping positions (avoid laying on the buttocks), who is around to help while you recover. As far as medications, pain medications are prescribed for after your surgery. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeonHoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Medications post op and which procedure to do first.

Hello 

Thank you for your question. Pain medication is given for surgical procedures. I would suggest that you do the BBL first as the fat in the tummy area could be used for the bbl. It would be unfortunate to lose that good fat if a tummy tuck was done first.

Also, doing both procedure's at the same can be done, however it will make your recovery a lot more difficult and uncomfortable. Speak to a board certified plastic surgeon about all your options and you both can figure out what is best for you. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Yes, we give pain medication prescriptions for all our surgical procedures. It is difficult to address your question with the general information provided. Without a height, weight, age, co-morbidities, calculated BMI, the answer to your question is: depends. If you need a TT or not is determined through a physical examination. For the best results, I usually do liposuction of the whole midsection and the fat is grafted into the buttocks for a BBL. Sometimes an abdominoplasty can be done at the same time. Another option is to do the liposuction, BBL and breast lift. I often do my breast lifts under local tumescent anesthesia with minimal oral sedation. There are a lot of different ways this can be approached depending on your information listed above, the experience of the surgeon and good judgement to give you the results with safety in mind. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Pain relief

Hello, and thank you for your questions.

My responses are the following:
1) I personally use a non  narcotic pain pump with my tummy tucks  that infuses local anesthestics contuously for 3 days.
2) intra operatively I inject my incisions with long term local anesthesia agents.
3) we give our patients pain killers just before they leave the recovery room to go home
4) all patients have oral narcotic pills available.
5)should your health, blood loss and your pain tolerance be acceptable you could have both procedures done together.

Please make a appointment with a experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best,

Combined BBL and TT

This depends on your overall health and your ability to recover while lying on your side. Watch this brief video which explains the combination of these two procedures.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy makeover and BBL

Thanks for your question, yes. Pain medication are given after BBL or MM, about your second question generally I do not recommend doing more than three procedures at the same time, surgical time can extend and some eventualities ans complications can occur, I would recommend you preforming TT, liposuction and BBL in one procedure and 4 to 6 months after performing breast surgery which is a very detailed surgery too. 

Best of luck

Kemil Issa, MD