FUE recovery

Just had FUE. Doctor gave full instructions. These are different than some of the instructions on this site. I am going to follow doctor's directions , but was curious over what are the absolute directions that must be followed in any circumstances. Such as shampooing, medications, sleeping at an angle etc

Following your doctor's directions is better than second guessing on Internet posting and instructions.

FUE is just a method of harvesting hair follicles.  The recovery process for the recipient site should be the same for any hair transplant surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE post op care by me

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing,.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon