FUE hair transplant recovery. Any suggestions?

What is the best procedure to recover quickly after an FUE? I'm curious if different doctors have different thoughts on the matter. How often to wash, how much rest etc?

Fue post op care

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing. The picture below shows a man 2 days and 6 days after a 2200 graft surgery with the above care given. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care after hair transplant

Each doctor has their own routine for post op care. We offer a post op care at our clinic and we recommend that our clients Start the cleaning process one day after the procedure. The recipient area usually takes about 7-10 days to heal. And the donor area between 5-7 days. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no specific way to recover "quickly" after surgery or FUE procedure. It is just the way one's body heals that is the r

There is no specific way to recover "quickly" after surgery or FUE procedure. It is just the way one's body heals that is the rate limiting step.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE hair transplant recovery

There is no magical formula or post operative care about recovering quickly after an FUE. Resting is not needed actually;  you must keep the area away from trauma . You may wash it after 2 days of surgery than when ever you want  . I suggest to use multi vitamin hair pharmacy products after HT for 4 months.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon