Will having a forehead reduction affect my ability to have later procedures?

I am a 21-year-old white male with no wrinkles and no procedure history. My hairline is much too high, and I intend to have it lowered by at least an inch. Will having forehead reduction surgery affect my ability to have either non-surgical or surgical facial procedures in the future? Thanks!

If you have genetic balding, and you have a forehead reduction surgery at a young age, it may be an issue in the future.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead reduction in 23 Year Old Man

A forehead reduction will not have any impact on future facial procedures but proceed cautiously and consult with an experienced hair replacement surgeon because you want to know the possible full extent of male pattern baldness later in life before having this procedure.

21 year old male

Deciding to do a hairline lowering procedure without knowing if you are going to bald and what your balding pattern might be, may not be wise. The reason is: If you started balding significantly, then you MUST chase the balding or you will not look normal. As you are in Los Angles, consider visiting me to discuss this further

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead reduction

Forehead reduction consist of removing a strip of skin below hairline that brings your hairline to a new and lower station. It should not affect other procedures you may have in the future!  Of course you need to check it with the doctor who performs other procedures.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon