My footplates were cut off by my doctor. Can anything be done to replace the little triangle?

i had a bad surgical outcome in a revision last year just to hide a few bossae on my tip, my entire nose was changed. specifically as I am consulting doctors, they tell me the last surgeon cut off my footplates and that now there is basically nothing i can do to replace them. i am devastated. i consulted with a very good surgeon who can give me back length and my columella but not the footplates. is there any hope that maybe this new doctor isn't aware of?

Structural Revision Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry you are going through this.  In revisions requiring major tip reconstruction including adding length and columellar support, it is likely you will need cartilage grafting from a source besides your nose.  This would either be ear (most likely) or rib.  In that case, the grafts might be able to be carved in such a way as to re-create damaged or lost structures like the medial crural footplates.  When doing this, I always advise the patient that I am making the best of the situation and that I may be able to create a very close approximation of the lost or damaged structure, it will not likely appear exactly like the original.  There is hope, but I encourage you to face the very real prospect that it may not quite look or feel as it used to.  I hope this helps and I am sorry if this is not the news you were hoping to hear.

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon