Follow-up to my previous question for lipo of hips and flanks and tummy. 5'4 102lbs prior to surgery

Hi, My weight is up 2lbs and I don't see any changes to the flanks and hip area. I read that when fat is taken water will replace it at the beginning. I was told 1100cc's were taken (but fluid was injected to me so isn't that number misleading?). does it mean 1100ccs in water has gone to the treated area and some more?

Tumescent Liposuction

When referring to amount in liposuction, you should distinguish between the infiltrate volume (the actual number of cc's of tumescent fluid injected) and the lipoaspirate volume (the total amount of fluid removed). The ratio between the two will tell you the most information. The percentage of lipoaspirate that contains fat will also tell you how much was actual fat was removed.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Often a hi definition procedure is needed to see more defined and contoured look.  This entails a more defined type procedure by a 4D hi definition trained physician that uses fat to sculpt and define.  Please see an expert if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. The fluid that was injected is called tumescence fluid and is a key part of modern liposuction. It provides pain control and helps to minimize bleeding. The tumescence fluid that was placed is absorbed by your body. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure - the 2 lb weight gain could be due to fluids received during surgery, but does not mean that fat wasn't removed. The best way to comment on effectiveness of liposuction is to look at before and after photos a few months later.