Can I fly from Miami to LA 4 days post-op ?

I will have a booty buddy pillow with me. 

Traveling after a Brazilian Butt Lift

We have many patients fly into town for the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure!!

We recommend our patients spend at least a week in town, as you run the risk of blood clots after the procedure.

You should alway discuss this with your doctor as every surgeon has different protocol and will take your medical history and individual situation into account.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

BBL

I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must fly back before three weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 15-20 minutes to walk around. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Travel after surgery

I recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. We have many patients travel for a BBL however we usually recommend that they stay in the area for 2 weeks prior to long travel as this can increase your risk of complications. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Traveling after cosmetic surgery

The simple question to your answer is yes most likely you can.

I personally think the more appropriate question is if it's wise to travel to have cosmetic surgery.

I realize Miami has a hotbed for Brazilian butt lift and body contouring but rest to shirt there are many top notch equally talented plastic surgeons in the Southern California area.

The number of patients who require a real postoperative care, have complications or need revisions is understated and often not appreciated by patients.

As a general rule it's always best to stay local for surgical procedures.

Should you come back and have a complication or need the revision you will be in a position of being somewhat abandoned a less willing to fly back to Miami.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... It is not always recommended to fly that soon because of the high risks of blood clots during the flight, you should wait at least 8 to 10 days and you can do it safely.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question.  It is important to see your surgeon a few days after surgery.  If you have to travel I would recommend using the BBL pillow for landing and taking off and try avoiding sitting for the rest of the flight as much as possible. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Different surgeons have different opinions on this based upon blood clot risk and other considerations.