What is the best way to fix this pout? (Photos)

What is the best way to fix this pout? Decrease the hyaluronic acid with the enzyme injection OR add more filler in the right places??? Is this a matter of improper technique? It's been 16hrs. since I've been injected. Also the filler feels hard so trying to massage it around to even out the lip doesn't seem to be working. Thank you.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Please remain patient through the recovery process of the fillers. With this picture taken less than a day after the procedure, it would be prudent to see how your face and lips improve over time. There are corrective measures but you should be patient first. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the best way to fix this pout?

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Give it Some Time...

This is most likely swelling which can take a few weeks to go down. I recommend giving it some time and if you're unhappy with your results you can have it dissolved and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

Wait two weeks

Based on your pictures, it appears you are still very swollen.  It is common to have swelling right after lip fillers.  Typically we recommend our patients to wait two weeks for the swelling to subside.  If you are still not satisfied after two weeks, I recommend re-visiting the person who administered the injection for reassessment.  Keep in mind hyaluronic filler is 100% reversible and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Wishing you all the best! 

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS

Best Way to Fix Pout

Dear Superd:

The best way to to fix your pout is to actually wait 1-2 weeks after injection and re-assess lip volume then.  I know it is challenging, but please allow the swelling to subside in the next week and follow up with your physician then.  All the best.

What is the best way to fix this pout?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  As you are less than a day out from your treatment I would recommend patience in allowing your results to mature.  The thin tissues of the upper and lower lips are prone to significant swelling after treatment and it often takes 2-4 weeks for them to soften and appear more natural.  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there and allow your results more time to mature. 

Large Lips and Fillers

My best recommendation would be to wait at least ten days to see the full effect of the lip injections. If they are too large then I would have them decreased with hyaluronidase.  Best, Dr. Green