What do I need to fix in my nose? Is the area between my nose and lips too wide? (Photo)

Thinking of getting a nose job, what do you think should be corrected/fixed? I know that the side view is okay, but I hate the front. Are non surgical nose jobs recommended? Do you think that the area between my nose and lips is too large?

Non Surgical Nose Job to Enhance Definition of the Nasal Bridge

Hi and thanks for your question. I think that you are actually a good candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty. The procedure is definitely safe - I have been performing it daily for 12 years with great results and almost no complications.  The changes that you are looking for are subtle and, in my opinion, do not warrant the risk, downtime and expense of surgery. Adding some filler (I prefer Voluma here - it lasts for a year and a half, looks natural and is reversible at any time) to the bridge will define it better, make your nose look more narrow and give better proportion to your nose. The narrowing of your nose is an illusion, based on the fact that the eye judges the width of something from the top layer. If you put a narrow top layer to your bridge, the whole nose will look more narrow. It has to be done carefully, however, to make sure that your bridge does not come up too high on the profile. You should make sure that, if you go with this option, you choose a very experienced injector. I think that the area between your nose and lips is just right. Hope that helps

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. If you don't like the front view of the nose due to its width and lack of definition then you have two options. The best option is a surgical rhinoplasty to refine the tip, narrow the upper and middle portion of the nose. The nostrils can be narrowed as well. A non surgical rhinoplasty can give you more definition to the bridge by making it higher but it cannot actually narrow the nose. Discuss your nose with your surgeon after an exam. good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination by getting a nose job, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. In our practice, we do not recommend non-surgical nose jobs since the procedure is not FDA approved, is temporary, and can have significant complications. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Nose shape perfect

I would not touch your nose if I were you. It is beautiful and can only be ruined by surgical manipulation. Enjoy your nose, embrace it.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

What do I need to fix in my nose? Is the area between my nose and lips too wide?

Hello lolajunkie - Thanks for your question. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty with filler injections would not really be the right procedure for you. I agree that your nose looks great on profile view. From the front, you have some widening of the tip and nostril base that would benefit from finesse narrowing to harmonize with the rest of your nose. Finally, the distance between your nose and upper lip looks good. Leave it alone. 

I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for a tip rhinoplasty. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical nose lift

You are a good candid for a tip rhinoplasty.    I would need a full set of all 6 views to say more.   You are not a candidate for non surgical nose job.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Loving your look head-on--Non-Surgical Nose-job with Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm)

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a facial contouring expert. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) can be used to improve symmetry of the nose. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape, if necessary. Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill, Sculptra, implants or fat can be used to provide fullness and contour to the face. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer