How do I fix hooded eye?

Only one of my eyelids is slightly hooded. What procedures could fix this? Would Botox around that area help the eyelid look less hooded? I'm 19.

Eyelid Hooding

I'd suggesting seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  This may need fillers, ThermiSmooth / Thermage / Ultherapy or surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Eyelid Hooding

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hooded Eyelid

Thank you for your question. I am unable to recommend any solutions for your concerns without any photographs, but based on your candidacy there could be several options such as non surgical tissue tightening, injectables, or surgical procedures. A board certified plastic surgeon should be able to help determine which treatment method would be ideal.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Hooded Eyelid

Dr. Leonard Lu

The Ten Minute Eyelift Can Work Well For Minimal To Moderate Hooding

Without photos, it is nearly impossible to comment in any fashion other than in the most general of terms. So, generally speaking, hooding of the upper lids can be addressed by conventional surgical techniques, via a minimally invasive approach known as The Ten Minute Eyelift. 

In certain circumstances, an entirely nonsurgical approach using volumizing fillers around the brows, with or without the addition of a wrinkle relaxer, such as Botox (or Dysport or Xeomin) may also give a small amount of brow elevation that can raise a minimally hooded lid. 

For more information on any of the above, you can check out the archives of RealSelf.com.

It would be wise to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in all forms of treatment for hooded lids. Make sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Hooded eye fix?

I need to see photos in order to give you a proper answer. You will probably need a mini brow lift 

Hooded eye fix?

Needs evaluation

Botox would probably not help in this case.  Its hard to determine what you need without
an evaluation.  I suggest that you seek a qualified plastic surgeon for personal evaluation and
consultation.  Good luck!

Needs evaluation

consultation.  Good luck!

How do I fix hooded eye?

Hi and thanks for your question. Without a picture and examination it isn't possibly to give you any reasonable advice. If there is simply excess skin of the upper eyelid or even ptosis of the eyelid itself, then Botox could actually make this problem worse. I would recommend you see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to have an examination and game plan. Best of luck!

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

How do I fix hooded eye?

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

One eyelid hooded

It will be lovely to see a photo and determine if the eyebrow heights are similar, skin crease heights similar, upper eyelid show similar. Often there are small asymmetries in the face and the eyelids which are completely natural, or it could be a blepharoptosis or ptosis with a droopy eyelid. Botox can be used to lift an eyebrow laterally if there is an eyebrow droop or eyebrow ptosis causing it, this and that can improve the hooding. There are many variables to consider as you can see, so I recommend that you go and see an eyelid oculoplastic surgeon for assessment and advice

One eyelid hooded

Hooded eyelid

A photo would be helpful to make sure that we are on the same page. But if you have upper eyelid skin redundancy, this can be fixed with an upper eyelid bleph performed under local anesthetic. Please take advantage of our upper eyelid special.

Hooded eyelid

Hooded Eyelid and Botox

There are some patients where the hooding can be helped by Botox and you can have a "brow lift" through Botox. An in person consultation is necessary to see if the Botox can work.  Best, Dr. Green

Hooded Eyelid and Botox

Have an evaluation

A medical evaluation is necessary to evaluate your hooding. Botox is likely to be able to help some with this problem.

Have an evaluation