How to fix droopy eyelids problem without surgery? (Photo)

I'm 24 and Always had droopy eyelids.I rather get a surgery when I'm older since I know It will get worse. what are some other fixes for my droopy eyelids? I feel like this is making me look tired all the time

How to fix droopy eyelids problem without surgery?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I see no evidence of eyelid droopiness in either of the enclosed photos.

Non-surgical options for heavy or droopy eyelids

There are many reasons why our eyelids can look and feel heavy. One very important factor is our anatomy (or what we inherit from our parents). When I look over your pictures, I think most of the heaviness that you see and feel comes from your the fullness of your brows (which is a wonderful feature by the way). There are some very good non-surgical options to improve the heaviness of the lids and brows. The most effective would be a delicate botox treatment to the upper lids and "crows feet" to allow some elevation and improved support of the brow. It is a quick, in office procedure with little to no recovery and very natural, subtle results. This procedure has worked wonderfully for my patients. 

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Suggestions For Eyelid Improvement

Although surgery is the only treatment that is long lasting there are a few things you can do that are of temporary help. Make sure you have an exam to make sure that you do not have weak eye muscles, ptosis, as your cause by an exam by a board certified specialist.

Lower lids: Ceramide creams for the lower lids which in minutes as they dry the clear membrane tightens the lower lid skin minimizing bags and wrinkles. This lasts from 4-8 hrs and can be reapplied as needed. Radiofrequency, laser and peels tighten the skin with minimal downtime. Fillers for fat transfer #lipoinjection, to the lower lid to fill in the cheek-lid depression that casts shadows also helps many.

For the upper lids, Botox in the crows feet area just below the brow will gently lift the lateral brow and lift a bit of the hooding on the side of your eye. This lasts about 3-4 months. Make sure you go to an expert injector associated with a Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist, or Ophthalmologist skilled in injections.

#NonInvasiveEyelidImprovement

Droopy eyelids

It is not uncommon even for young women to have some drooping the brow that causes the upper lids to look heavy. A tiny amount of Botox just beneath the lateral portion of the eyebrow usually helps to elevate the brow and improve the appearance of the eyelids. I would try that first.

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Fixing droopy eyelids without surgery

At your young age, I would not recommend surgery either. A couple of non-surgical methods of raising the brow include well-placed botox injections, and a tissue-tightening treatment called Ultherapy. I think either of those would suit your needs. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in those two procedures. Good luck. 

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

Hi Nazan,

Wasn't Droopy one of the Seven Dwarfs, guess not.  You are an excellent candidate for using a bit of Botox to lift your eyebrows.  It is an advanced Botox injection technique so be sure to choose your injecting physician most carefully to avoid looking like Dr. Spock, who definitely was not one of the Seven Dwarfs.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino, CA (The Beverly Hills of the Valley!)

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable treatments are great for around eyes

You don't have droopy eyelids. You may benefit from Botox to slightly lift your eyebrows. Another treatment worth considering is filler injection the hollow under eye area to improve the dark circles (tired) appearance.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox (Dysport) Browlift

Hi Nazven.  Thanks for your question.  For patients that are concerned about a heavier looking lid or brow, but DO NOT want surgery, we offer a Botox (Dysport) browlift.  This is an injection procedure whereby we relax certain muscles of the forehead that pull downward, thus allowing muscles that pull upward to become more active.  This in turn can improve the condition you are concerned about.  

To see before and after photos of this procedure for other Los Angeles patients, click on the link below.

Additionally, if you are concerned about the darkening and creases below the eyes, we use Restylane and you can find the Restylane before and after photos on our website for under eye injections.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fixing droopy eyelids without surgery.

Sotox and fillers can help but the results will not be the same as surgery. You have congenital fat bags in your lower lids and possible saggy brows(need better photos or an exam) which can be corrected with surgery and last for several decades. See an experienced surgeon so ou do not end up with "filler problems".

Non surgical treatments include BOTOX and fillers.

Your eyelid is not droopy but you do have a low set eyebrow.  This can be improved with an endoscopic forehead lift, a surgical procedure.  The microdroplet lift is a precise method that creates lift at the brow without paralyzing for the forehead.  The other issue that is going on is your mid face.  You have an under eye hollow that makes you look older and tired.  This can be improved with fillers.  These types of treatments are not a long lived as surgery but can be maintained.  The fillers last about a year, the BOTOX 4 to 6 months.