Firm lip after Restylane Silk Injection.

Hi! I got my lips injected about 48 hours ago with Restylane Silk and the whole left side of top lip basically feels as though there is one giant ball putty in it. It is really firm to the touch, but does still have a little give if I apply light pressure or massage. This is the 2nd time I've had my lips injected and my first time experiencing something like this. Wondering if I should be concerned or if this is normal in the days following lip fillers? Thank you!

Restylane silk

The restylane products can swell post injections and feel a little hard compared to some of the other hyaluronic acids on the market. This typically last for 48-72 hours. I would gently massage the area to soften it.  I suggest you look inside the mouth and see if you have a bruise. This could account for some hardness as well. If it does not go down,then I would consult  the injector. Common things being common, I suspect this will all settle in about a week.

Montreal Physician

Firm lip after Restylane Silk injection

2 days after lip filler, there is still swelling and possible bruising from the injection. If it is severe, I would discuss with your doctor. If it is mild, head of bed elevation and anti-inflammatories will be helpful. Things should settle down by day 10. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Restylane Silk For Lip Injections

It is pretty normal for you to feel some firmness in the lips for a few days or so after lip injections.  Restylane Silk tends to be a firmer gel than some of the other FDA approved lip products like Juvederm Ultra.  You may also have a deeper bruise in that area that is accounting for the firmness.  I would gently massage the lips with a product like Aquaphor and apply ice for a few days.  If it doesn't get any better, I would go back to your injector so that they can check it out.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon