How can I find plastic surgeons that specialize in a certain area? For example nosejobs. (photo)

Rhinoplasty expert

First of all more than any other procedure a nose job requires a surgeon that truly does a lot of noses.  It is without a doubt the most challenging procedure we do.   That being said everyone calls them self an expert.  Do not be fooled by self proclamations.  Read reviews, look at hundreds not a few before and afters, and make sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are surgeons everywhere, but few are excellent.Good luck

Finding the best rhinoplasty surgeon for your nose.

Finding the best rhinoplasty surgeon for your nose. You can see here on Real Self many surgeons who do rhinoplasty. The one you want is simple--looking at before/after photos which surgeon does the type of nose YOU like best! That is what you will be getting and not an "imaging nose". Busy rhinoplasty surgeons like myself (and others) will have u meet with patients who have had surgery and you can see live results. Choose wisely.

How to find a plastic surgeon who specializes in nose jobs

Rhinoplastyis probably the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it is important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Look for a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, or a board-certified plastic surgeon who each have dedicated a significant component of their practice to the discipline of rhinoplasty. Look at the doctor's before and after photo gallery specifically of rhinoplasty. A large rhinoplasty photo gallery is indicative of a large rhinoplasty practice. In addition, look at the doctors  ratings, reviews, and testimonials. Every busy rhinoplasty surgeon will have a few negative reviews on the Internet so it's important to filter those appropriately.

Dear lizmrqz1, I tell patients since you are on realself now this is a great place to start your search for a rhinoplasty specialist. Find some expert surgeons and read their reviews if a large portion of their reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Once you have narrowed down some expert rhinoplasty surgeons then set some consultation appointments. During the consultation digital imaging may be available where the surgeon can show you the proposed result. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs especially noses similar to your own so you can ensure the surgeon provides natural looking rhinoplasty results. In my practice I also I show patients before and after photographs as well as the patients imaging photograph to show them how close in proximity these results are. Once you have determined the desired nose then the surgeon will discuss at length the techniques that will be used to attain your desired nose. After these steps you should be very informed and you will find a surgeon and office staff that you feel comfortable with and then you can make an informed decision. To see an example of the imaging process for rhinoplasty see the video above and link below to see how rewarding this procedure can be. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Finding a Surgeon Who Specializes in Rhinoplasty?

Consult with surgeons who are board certified, devote most of their practice to this surgery, and show you multiple examples of natural results in other patients who had a nose similar to yours. Do your homework because choosing an expert surgeon will be the most challenging part of your rhinoplasty procedure.

How can I find plastic surgeons that specialize in a certain area? For example nosejobs.

I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you can locate through the "Smart Beauty Guide" of ASAPS.  
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How To Find A Good Rhinoplasty Surgeon

My best answer is:  research, research, research!  Read reviews, study credentials, look for a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience.  It is crucial to be thorough and studious.  The Internet is an excellent tool for this research.  Many plastic surgeons will conduct FaceTime or phone consultations as well if you find someone you like who is located in a different part of the country (or world).

Finding out the specialty of a plastic surgeon.

lizmrqz1,Looking for a plastic surgeon who specializes in a certain surgery or area of the body can be challenging. Many websites show case all of the procedures performed by the surgeon, so it's hard to figure out which one is their specialty. Calling the surgeon's office may yield the same result.Looking at before and after photos is a highlight reel and you may see one surgery with more photos than other techniques. It's also a good opportunity to see if those types of patients and outcomes are similar to you.Ask around. Many surgeons will tell you what they love to do if you ask. Other surgeons/doctors may know someone in your community for a particular surgery.  The benefit of doing your homework is that you'll gain a good sense of what you want. Once you select your surgeon she/he will present treatment options that are appropriate for you to have a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon