How do I find a doctor that uses radio frequency to reduce masseter muscles in LA and is it safe?

My doctor recommended masseter reduction for my ear problems. I never want to use Botox. Is radio frequency more effective or Ultherapy? I saw a doctor using both in one session on a patient. Is there a risk that they might damage surrounding nerves? Thank you.

RF for masseter muscle reduction

Hello. I'm not sure either RF or Ultherapy will provide you with the results that you are seeking. We routinely use Pelleve RF for skin tightening but there is really no effect on the underlying tissues because the heat is much lower. With Ultherapy you can reach higher peak heat levels, but probably not high enough to have any effect on such a big stron muscle. Both technologies are extremely safe.

Safe Masseter Reduction with Radiofrequency, Ultrasound and/or Botox

Radiofrequency and/or ultrasound can be used for the masseter and would work well in combination with Botox to reduce the masseter. It is extremely safe. Please see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer