Did fillers poor injector deform my philtrum and upper lip? How can it be fixed? (photos)

I've had fillers a few times over the last few years. Last one in 2013, by a board cert 90210 surgeon. I have realised over time my upper lip (not the pink part) has become very flat and duck like, and lost definition of philtrum. I want philtrum back and a more concave, feminine shape to my upper lip so it looks less rigid, chunky (fatty) and straight. I want pronounced Cupid's bow n philtrum. Can this b achieved with filler, and which is best? Tnx :)

Doctor Answers 1

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. Sorry you have not yet been able to achieve the look you are seeking.Hyaluronic acid fillers can definitely be used to re-shape the lip by adding definition and augmenting the philtral columns and cupid's bow. However, this requires advanced technique that should only be performed by a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Different products can be used to achieve this goal -- Juvederm and Restylane Silk are both great to use in this area, in my experience. In order to develop an appropriate treatment plan, I recommend an in-person consult with an expert. Make sure your physician listens to you carefully and fully understands your goals and expectations. If you get the sense that you and he/she are not "speaking the same language," I recommend getting a second opinion. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.