Filler to muscle? (photo)

Would botox to dao help to lift the left corner of smile ? Thank you

Botox or fillers for treatment of smile

Thank you for the question. Without an in office evaluation it is difficult to determine if Botox or fillers would improve your symmetry. You should see an export injector for consultation if you plan on having something done. By the looks of your smile in your photo I think you probably should leave things alone since the problem is so minimal. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck.

Filler to muscle

although Botox to the DAO can be used off-label, I do not think you are going to get much elevation of the corner of the mouth because it does not appear that your DAO is hyperactive and causing any pulling down of the corner

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox to correct smile

I would suggest you consider a combination of fillers like Restylane or Juvederm and Thermage to that area to best help that area of the mouth.  I would avoid Botox in that area.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these cosmetic injections. Best, Dr. Green

Botox to the DAO

In your case i think botox wouldnt help to the DAO, its best for people who have mouths that are asymmetric (more than yours) or with droopy mouth corners. Im not the biggest fan of botox or neuromodulators to this location.  Fillers and skin tightening with thermage/venus legacy are better.  Dr. Emer.

Botox to Affect Asymmetric Smile

Hi Adele,

Botox to the dao muscle results in elevation of the corner of mouth.  I don't see a great deal of assymetry in your smile in the photo.  You may want to just leave it alone.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smile asymmetry

Botox in the lip depressor will help to elevate the corner a bit.  The more important question to sort out first is the one-sided asymmetry.  If it is of a relatively new onset and has no clear etiology, you will need to have your facial nerve evaluated.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Botox to lift corner of smile

Thanks for your question. It is unlikely Botox would help with this problem, although some well placed filler just below the corner could provide some support for the corner of your mouth and help upturn the smile just a bit.  Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon