Can I get filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus in my nasal tip, even though I have had rhinoplasty and have a silicone implant?

I heard that one should never get fillers if one has a silicon implant due to risk of infection. However, others tell me it is ok. Which is it? Is it safe?

Juvederm in the Nasal Tip

I would not suggest you attempt to have this type of risky procedure performed as the possible side effects outweigh the chance of a cosmetic improvement. Best, Dr. green

Juvederm in Nasal Tip Post Rhinoplasty with Silicone Implant

Dear girlfromla, I personally would not take the risk of performing Juvederm Injections in a patient with a silicone implant. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

I think that "better safe than sorry" applies here.  I might possibly consider it if the silicone implant is a distance away from your tip, but if not I'd personally think the risks are too high.  Of course discuss this with your surgeon for the best advice and good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Assoc. Clinical Prof. of Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA  90210

Jon A. Perlman, MD