Fat transfer from abdominal and hips area to breasts? (Photo)

Hello! Think about fat transfer , how much is cost , and safe? Or better implants ? Thank you

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. 

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. 

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat transfer to the breasts

Thank you for your question and your photos.

Fat transfer to the breasts is an excellent contouring procedure for modest changes in volume. Ideal candidates have reasonable breast volume but have experienced loss above the nipple as the breast ages. Fat is used to augment the upper pole of the breast and effect a shape change. More dramatic results with fat usually require additional operations. The added benefit of course is that liposuction is done in the problem areas which are diet resistant. So you improve all areas with a single operation.

More dramatic improvement in upper pole fullness or increases in cup size are most reliably achieved with a breast implant. Just for the sake of completeness, liposuction can be done at the time of the breast augmentation if that is a concern of yours.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer from abdominal and hips area to breasts?

Due to your thin frame, you need to find an expert at both liposuction and fat transfer so that the maximal amount of fat is harvested for transfer while leaving the liposuctioned areas smooth and even.

Hi  - We do fat grafting to breast frequently. It's important to appreciate fat as a biodynamic entity, however, as opposed to inert silicone. The general rule is that half of whatever fat is grafted will die and be eliminated by the body without provocation.  Conversely, one can't overinject the breast pocket as a tight space will constrict the fat and also cause it to die.  Thus, I counsel patients they will probably need a series of procedures to gain an appreciable increase in breast volume.  Another consideration is that dead fat can leave calcium patterns that mimic breast malignancy to an inexperienced eye, leading to possible unwarranted further screening and biopsies. All this said, fat grafting for modest breast augmentation is a good procedure for the right candidate when performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you!

Whitney A. Burrell, MD

Fat transfer the breast

After being seen and examined using 3D imaging can help understand different sizes.  With that information you decide whether not it would be more appropriate for implants of fat transfer.  If you decide on fat transfer will usually take more than one procedure.

Fat Transfer to Breasts

Fat transfer is a potential options for patients seeking breast augmentation. There are important things to note: (1) fat-grafting is not as predictable as implant augmentation, (2) fat grafting often requires more than one procedure, (3) Fat-grafting relies on the presence of donor site volume, (4) Fat-grafting requires radiologists (for mammography) that are well versed in the changes in the breast associated with fat transfer. In my practice fat grafting to the breasts is performed often and typically costs slightly more than implant breast augmentation. There is is the additional benefit with fat grafting of abdominal liposuction and body contouring - this is often overlooked!

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Fat grafting breasts

only create a larger breast of what you currently have... but you have ample fat to harvest to easily make you a cup larger.  Serial fat grafting sessions may be needed to give you the result you desire and be wary of how the cost estimate is done.  When strictly fat grafting, only the needed amount of fat is harvested for grafting.  So contours in other areas are secondary to grafting fat to the breasts.  When doing body contouring, the goal is to achieve good contours and whatever fat is obtained, is grafted to the breasts.  In the latter scenario, I personally do not charge for grafting but my patients must cover the additional time needed it the OR as well as the PureGraft device I employ with my fat grafting cases.  Many surgeons charge you for everything....

Curtis Wong, MD

Fat Transfer to Breasts

Fat transfer to the breasts is a safe and natural way to mildly augment the breasts.  I have performed hundreds of these procedures at this point and find it very satisfying when you understand the realistic outcomes.  The added benefit of the procedure is the body sculpting.  Typically the fat is sculpted from the waist, upper and lower abdomen, lower back, love handles, and tailbone.  Other areas of the body that offer excellent fat to transfer are the arms, inner thigh, inner knee, and outer thigh.  It's a very safe procedure and can easily be performed under local anesthesia with light sedation.  Fat transfer to the breast will typically result in an increase of 1/2 - 1 cup size.  Breast implants offer more volume enhancement and significant cup size increases if requested.  Breast implants are typically associated with general anesthesia, an incision, and a different type of recovery.  The cost will vary depending on the expertise of the Plastic Surgeon.   

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Fat transfer vs breast implants for augmentation #plasticsurgery

Compelling arguments can be made for and against breast implants and fat transfer for breast augmentation purposes. Patient satisfaction is high with both procedures. My own personal cosmetic results are more reliable with silicone breast implants, and that is my recommendation for most patients at this time.

Fat transfer

With a fat transfer, you can expect to gain one half to one cup in size. If you desire more, you might consider implants. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon