Can DMSO after Fat Grafting damage or prevent engraftment of new fat?

I use dmso for swelling and bruise from the day after fat grafting to resolve a furrow of the body. Can dmso damage new fat and prevent engraftment of new fat? Thank you

Fat Grafting

Thank you for posting your question. Please consult with your physician as each physician has his/her own specific post-op instructions for patients to follow. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

DMSO usage

when I was in medical school, we used DMSO to penetrate tissues with wax or whatever preservative compounds for histological analysis. One of the properties of DMSO is that it penetrates skin incredibly efficiently which is why we often use it as a carrier to other active ingredients. I would worry that the DMSO could affect fat cells regardless of whether or not the fat has engrafted. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting Facts--Add Prp and Sculptra

To maintain results after fat grafting, I recommend following your Dr's after care protocols and adding prp and sculptra injections.  Best, Dr. Emer