Facial Liposuction post fat transfer. Are these creases permanent? How can they be corrected? (photos)

I had an over filled fat transfer to my face one year ago. I had micro liposuction in an attempt to correct the fullness 4 weeks ago. Now I have these huge unnatural creases on both cheeks. Why did this happen? What are my options for correction? I have already had Juvederm injected directly in the creases but it didn't help. Do I need more fat removed? Am I going to need another fat transfer? Does anyone have extensive experience with this type of correction that can help me once and for all?

Facial fat transfers and liposuction - what now?

Thank you for asking about your facial fat transfers and subsequent liposuction.
  • It is really hard to answer your questions because you are still swollen -
  • Photos before each procedure would be helpful.
  • You truly can't judge your result until 6 MONTHS after the procedure because of swelling and scarring.
  • Let your surgeon know of your concerns and have serial photos to see how things change with time.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt and contour the face. I suggest consulting with a facial sculpting expert. Liposuction of the face can cause irregularities.  Please post before photos. Best, Dr. Emer