Can facial fat be repositioned and injected to my chin?

Hi, I am at my ideal weight but have fat lower face. Can liposuction be performed on my lower face, and then inject those fat to my chin to make it pointer? Is that possible? Thank you!

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers, fat, implants and sculptra can all be used to redistribute the face.  Please see a facial sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer

Can facial fat be injected to my chin?

Properly performed transferred fat is an excellent treatment to augment the chin. Depending on the circumstances large volumes can be injected to create dramatic changes as needed. I usually harvest fat from waistline areas or thighs. Individuals with enough fat in the neck and jowl area can have fat harvested from those locations and injected elsewhere. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat injection to the chin.

Thanks for your question.  For small chin refinements fat grafting is a good option and often successful.  Liposuction of the cheeks is a bad idea however since thinning of the cheek area sometimes results in the appearance of wrinkles with facial expression.  Harvest of fat from the stomach is generally the best option due to its quality and availability.Good luck.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Facial liposuction with facial fat transfer

would you describe it is certainly possible.

It may or may not be the best option.

Someone's overall facial look or contour is made up primarily by skeletal structures.

People do not generally have a unique facial look because of abnormal fat distribution. Fat transfer is limited in how much volume can be obtained in any single area with a single treatment.

This usually makes it not a viable option for chin augmentation.
Chin implants are typically the gold standard and have a time proven record of working well.
Temporary fillers may also be a viable option and can serve as a sneak preview of what a permanent implant could achieve it.

My best advice for you is to get an accurate and comprehensive assessment made.
Having an understanding of why am you have the physical appearance you do and what you want to accomplish is number one.

After that you can look at all of the treatment options available and choose the best treatment plan. Start by consulting in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Chin augmentation with fat grafts

Yes and no. Chin augmentation with fat grafts may be very effective in patient who doesn't have much of chin recession. A small amount of fat grafts, 2-4 ml is quite sufficient for a start; we usually take fat grafts from thighs or abdomen for this purpose. Very rarely we use fat removed with neck liposuction. It is unlikely that anybody would do lower face liposuction because of possible injury to nerves and muscles. Wherever fat grafts are taken from donor site deformity is minimal.You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in facial rejuvenation and facial fat grafting and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon