Shouldn't a facelift, cheek lift, and fat in the nasolabial folds give you a smooth young appearance? (Photo)

I had a fat removed from cheeks, facelift, cheeklift, and fat put in nasal folds, my face looks old? What the heck? We spent 30 thousand dollars and I'm not happy what can I do? I get married in September. I personally liked my face before. It looked more youthful! I am devastated. What do I do?

It wont ever be what you expected

This is my personal opinion. I agree you do look old. Your eyes are hollowed out like an older woman. Your heavy eyelids conveyed youth. Not only is the contour lumpy but it is bottom heavy..In certain cases I dont wait it out and revise what has no chance of improving. early.Indeed if you wait it will improve from today but I dont feel it will be what you wanted.

Unhappy after facelift

Hi LAShrimp, I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your results. Fortunately, you are still in the relatively early phase of healing so you may see some progressive improvement over the next couple of months. I would hold off on any revision surgery prior to your wedding as it could make you more stressed. Hang in there, I think you look great!

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy

Thank you for your question and photographs. It would be very helpful to submit some additional views with higher resolution. First, you have lots of time before the big day and I have little doubt that there are options available to help you achieve your desired result. Three months is still early in the postoperative period and each patient heals at a different rate. I have found that a lot of positive change occurs between months three and four. Try and hang in there for an additional few months and avoid doctors who offer quick fixes and aggressive solutions. Once you are further along you may find the contours and shape you desire are actually not far off and within reach.
Many patients in this situation seek out other MD's who often recommend expensive treatments that can be detrimental. It sounds as if you chose a surgeon carefully so go speak with he or she and discuss your concerns so you can make a plan that fits in your timeframe and can help you look special on the big day.
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Facelifting results

Unfortunately, we really can't comment on your results as your preoperative photo is taken from an angle, with the hat, with your hair down, and your face smiling. The postoperative picture is straight on, with light interference, and taken close-up, non-smiling. It is too difficult to tell what changes were made until the photos are standardized. I would recommend resubmitting your question, but this time with a standard set of photographs. Ideally, have another person take pictures at a slight distance with you facing the camera, one from the side, and one from 45°. This will give us much better information on your situation, and therefore, better advice on what exactly you need.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early Healing Stage of a Facelift

First and foremost, its best to remain patient. It is still early in to your recovery. The healing process in general can take up to one month for the majority of swelling to subside, incisions to close, sutures to come out, and for bruising to completely go away.
#Recovery time from a #facelift varies from person to person, but patients can generally expect to be presentable within three weeks from surgery. Patients should expect swelling, bruising, and discoloration of the skin during this phase of recovery (swelling normally goes down after 48 hours; most bruising will go away within two weeks). The marks from a facelift can easily hidden with “camouflage” make-up which you can learn how to apply.
The scars from a facelift mature within six to twelve months from the surgery date. It is during this time that the rejuvenating effects of the facelift will become apparent and the real result will be seen. If you have certain concerns about the procedures and #healing process, it is recommended to call your board-certified surgeon or their medical staff and discuss those #concerns.

Post facelift

I actually don't see anything wrong, although it does appear you are still somewhat swollen.  As the swelling goes down, your result will look more natural.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Shouldn't a facelift, give you a smooth young appearance? = it should #facelift #necklift #NLF #drmesa

A well done facelift should give a youthful not operated appearance to the face.

There are several types of facelift: mini lifts, SMAS facelifts, MAC facelifts, etc. Facelift could be complemented with other procedures to give amore overall youthful rejuvenation of the face like fat grafting (to cheeks and gluteal area), eyelid surgery , etc)

In my practice I only do the malar fat pad face lift, a type of combination facelift that elevates the mid face to a youthful appearance. It elevates the mid face vertically rather than with an "oblique vector"of most of the common facelifts thus giving an very youthful natural appearance.

When patients come to my practice and would like to undergo facelift revision, I recommend them to wait at least one year after their surgery to do so. This allows all the healling process to achieve the best outcome possible. If they would like to improve their face in the meantime due to upcoming social events ( eg. weddings, etc). the face cold be improved ('lifted") with soft tissue fillers like voluma , so they can be dissolved prior the facelift revision.

John Mesa MD
Face and Neck Lift specialist
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)
RealSelf Top 100 Plastic Surgeon

John Mesa, MD

Unhappy with face lift result

Sorry to hear about your facelift/facial rejuvenation appearance.  Its hard to tell what occurred during surgery and a little hard to tell from the photos since they are from different angles.  At 10 weeks some of the swelling has subsided but not all.  It may be best at this time to wait until full healing occurs and then assess the final result and what if anything should be done.  You may still have enough time to address prior to your wedding.  For now, you may want to have your plastic surgeon assess your regularly to make sure that healing is occurring well.  You may also want to have him/her make sure that you do not  have a seroma that can be causing the lower cheek fullness.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Displeased with facelift

Thank you for the photographs.  It is very disappointing from a human perspective to learn that any patient is not pleased with the results of their facial aesthetic surgery.  It is a bit difficult to give exact recommendations based on your photos, since they show your facial features from different/non-comparable angles with lighting that is not uniform.  It is likely that you will continue to have some ongoing settling and changes, which may be favorable and more cosmetically pleasing over time.  You should have an open and honest dialogue with your plastic surgeon at every follow-up appointment, and listen to any recommendations they have for improvement of your result.  You may want to seek out another opinion from a second plastic surgeon with expertise in facial aesthetic surgery in case you are considering a major revision.  Best wishes for a lovely and happy wedding!                                                

Smooth Young appearance after facelift and cheek lift

Facial rejuvenation surgery should improve your "youthfulness".  Typically removing of fat from the cheeks is not done to restore youth but your individual facial analysis would determine whether that was appropriate.  You can always seek a second opinion once most of your swelling has gone down over the next few months.  If you are still not happy, tell your surgeons.  Your doctor will want you to be happy and is interested in giving you a good result.

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon