My face looks tired. Any suggestions? (photos)

. I'm 50 years old and I'm 130 pounds .. My eyes look tired all the time and my neck is looking bad too.. I What do you think I need to make me look a little more fresh.. I look like I'm always tired and sad

Suggestions for tired looking face

A face and neck lift along with a lower lid blephroplasty wiht light laser. I think would improve things very nicely. 

Multiple options

There are multiple options for you. 

My suggestions are:

Browlift, and upper blepharoplasty
Face and neck lift + fat grafts to correct nasolabial fold and tear trough 

I, like a few other colleagues offer online consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss what will be the proper treatment to achieve the result you desires.

Dr. Luis Redondo

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Looking tired?

Dear Amapola21, Your concerns are a common complaint in women your age and often times women even younger. I would suggest an endoscopic brow lift with a mid face suspension. This is an ideal surgery for the type of aging you are currently seeing. This will allow you a refreshed look to the brow and eye area while adding fullness to the cheeks for a natural youthful appearance. I believe you would be extremely happy addressing the brow and eyes alone at this time. You can always address the lower face later.To see some similar patients and their before and afters see my link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

My face looks tired

The tired, sad look comes from an aging face.  The face appears long when the cheeks are flat and the jowls are forming in the lower face.  A facelift with fillers will give you a more youthful appearance.   From these photos, you appear to have upper eyelid fullness.  You would benefit from either an upper blephroplasty or browlift.  Your lower eyes have fullness that can be addressed with a lower blephroplasty.

Focus on the periorbital area

Thanks for your question. You could gain a more refreshed look with an endoscopic brow lift that also helps the upper face by elevating the hollowness of your lower eyelid-cheek junction. You might also consider upper and lower blepharoplasty and possibly a lower facelift to complete your makeover.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Improving tired appearance at 50

Your brows give you a tired, sad look. Lateral brow lift will not only eradicate this but quite possible lift the "extra" upper eyelid skin enough that you won't need a blepharoplasty.  Your lower eyelids, mid face and lower face and neck appears to have virtually no sagging skin. For these areas I recommend adding facial volume with either synthetic fillers or natural fat transfer.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tired appearance

The eyes are very important to the appearance of the whole face and aging here often gives you a tired appearance. Upper and lower eyelid surgery will give you a more refreshed look. You would also benefit from a lower face and neck lift.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Sad tired eyes

Keep it simple and address the brow and eyes with a browlift and upper and lower blepharoplasty. These are lower cost procedures that happen to last many years. If your neck is truly bothering you a type of facelift that addresses the lower third of face and neck is also possible at the same time.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Face/ necklift and eyelid surgery

A consultation and examination would better determine what may or may not be required. Loose skin in the neck is best treated with a  lower face and neck lift. This involves tightening loose facial and neck muscles, tightening loose facial and neck skin, and removing any fatty deposits in the neck. The hooded skin on the upper eyelids creates a tired look, and  an upper eyelid blepharoplasty can rejuvenate  them. For many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

My face looks tired. Any suggestions?

The definition of facial rejuvenation varies from surgeon to surgeon and means different things to different patients. In general it is the process to try to reverse the facial appearance caused by aging. It may involve improving the skin texture and complexion, diminishing skin discoloration, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, contouring hollows, or tightening loose tissue that has lost its elasticity.

There are a variety of procedures, both non-surgical and surgical which can be utilized to achieve these various goals. Fillers, Botox or Dysport, micro-fat grafts, chemical peels, a skin care program, lasers, skin tightening, and surgical lifts are some of the methods that are used to achieve a cosmetic improvement. Each has advantages and disadvantages as well as limitations of what they can achieve. The best technique or combination of procedures depends on desired outcome, individual anatomy, underlying medical health, and extent of aging. There is no one approach that is ideal for everyone.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with who has all of the modalities of treatment available. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Facial rejuvenation needs to be individualized. What would be an ideal approach for one patient is not necessarily the same for someone else. Based on the examination and discussion at the consultation, you should have a better understanding of the various options that can achieve the best cosmetic result for you.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon