Is a face lift, chin implant and neck lipo a good idea for me? (Photo)

33 and trying to find a solution for my overbite, jowls & saggy cheeks. I have a baby face, very tiny chin, a little overbite, & chubby cheeks (which are sagging like crazy now). Really don't want fillers bc I don't want them to clump, harden, or sag later. My orthodontist suggested double jaw surgery but that's too extreme & risky. I was thinking chin implant, lower face lift and a little neck lipo. Is it too early for me to get a face lift? I really want my jowls gone.

Chin Implant and Neck Lipo a Good Idea?

The correct "textbook" answer is what your orthodontist is suggesting to correct your retrussive chin and fix your overbite. But you are correct that this is significant surgery with some real risks. You are also correct in realizing that fillers are a waste of time in your situation. A lower facelift is unnecessary and would do little to address your situation. In general the primary goals of a facelift are to tighten skin and reposition sagging soft tissues which are not really your problem. 

One way to look at your problem is to recognize that you lack volume or fullness in your chin and pre jowl area while you have excessive fullness in your jowl and perhaps a bit under your chin. So then you can address the problem by adding volume by doing autologous fat transfer to your chin and pre jowl area, and you can reduce volume in the jowl, jawline, and under chin area with facial liposuction. Actually I prefer a procedure called Precision Tx because it is more precise and you get the additional benefit of some skin tightening. 

Face lift, chin implant, neck liposuction for orthodontic problem

Thank you for asking about your facial surgery.
  • First, be sure the orthognathic surgery is not an option -
  • It is very invasive surgery but if your bite problem is severe, it may serve you well.
  • Otherwise, you have a thoughtful plan - but may I note the following - .
  • An extended chin implant is an excellent idea.
  • You may not need liposuction under the chin once the implant is in place.
  • A face lift will tighten the jowls -
  • Please at your consultation also discuss a cheek implant - your upper fat appears to be flat and the source of the lower facial jowls.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facelift in a 33 year old?

It is true that age 33 is quite young to consider something as invasive as a facelift, but in your case, I agree that it would be helpful.  You are developing some early jowling, and with the decreased prominence of your chin, this situation is slightly accentuated.  A facelift with submental liposuction and a chin implant could really give you a dramatic and positive change.  The early facial aging that you are showing now would essentially be stopped in its tracks for several years.  See web reference for more information.  Good luck!

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant + neck liposuction + bucal fat pad removal

I dont think you will benefit at all from a face lift, a Bichectomy ( bucal fat pads removal) will address your concern and give you the look you wants. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Is a face lift, chin implant and neck lipo a good idea

Yes, it is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may enhance the overall result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed.

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
However, if you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

The first step is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Facelift, chin implant, liposuction suggestions?

Hello 'zeelab2021', thanks for your question and photos.  Although I would agree a chin implant would help balance your facial profile, I think it may be a little early for you to pursue a facelift surgery to treat your mild jowling/ marionette line regions.  You do not have much neck fat either to warrant liposuction.  Although the recessed chin could be managed with a BSSO procedure, it is a bigger surgery that will require some down time.  The best option for you in my opinion if you do not want surgery is to give fillers a try.  They are extremely popular in my practice with no surgery, no downtime, and minimal complications.  As long as you see a board-certified plastic surgeon, the risks are small and the chances of clumping, hardening, or sagging if done correctly should not be an issue.  These fillers can smooth out the regions of jowling/marionette lines, as well as provide a mild chin enhancement without the need for surgery.  If you do not like the fillers, they dissolve in 6-9 months and you still have the options for surgery later.  Let me know if you would like to come in for a second opinion and good luck!

-Dr.92660

Chin implant

A chin implant and neck lipo would be of some benefit in your situation.  To really get things right, however, you probably do need jaw surgery.  I know it's scary to consider thus surgery, but it will give you the best result.  You should consult with an oral surgeon to learn about jaw surgery.  In the long run it will be your best option.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Too much surgery

Based on your photos, I think you would benefit from a chin implant, but the other procedures would not be indicated. You are a good looking person who has a short chin. I wold suggest just fixing that and enjoying life. It is important to not get carried away with cosmetic surgery, especially at such a young age.
best of luck

Chin implant very effective in improving small chin

I have added a link that might be helpful..

Hi zeelab2021.  Thank you for sharing photos.  A chin implant and neck lipo are reasonable choices for cosmetic improvement but will not change your bite issues.  During your consultation with a PS, your tissue mobility will be assessed and will determine whether a lift will provide any significant change-it does not appear so from the photos.  Good luck!

Chin implant and lipo

Thanks for sharing. If you are not seeking to get your bite aligned then a chin implant will help give you the projection that is needed.  Chin lipo will help contour the neckline.  It is also possible that buccal fat pad reduction will help to slim the lower cheek area. You are young for a facelift.  An in-person consultation will be needed to see if you are a candidate.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD