Is it possible to make my face more feminine again? Was my midface lift overdone? (Photo)

I had a vline jaw surgery in Seoul2014. This left me with horrible skin sagging and I attempted to get this fixed in April 2015 with a facelift andand midface lift but feel that I look very masculine now. I've lost the apples of my cheeks with the facelift and midface lift. Was the midface lift overdone? Is this why I look so different? Is there a way to return me to a look more similar to what I looked like before any surgery at all?

Is it possible to make my face more feminine again? Was my midface lift overdone?

Hi, based upon the attached photos the mid-face lift did what it does IMHO.  It pulls the tissues up and outward at a 45 % angle making the cheeks more broad.  Broad faces are not feminine, again IMHO.  For this reason, I do not like or use the mid face lift or the subperiosteal face lift technique.  

Female faces look the most naturally beautiful when the cheeks are full and round in the front, not off to the side by the ears.  Reduction of the fat over the outside of the cheeks with augmentation of the front area can reverse that process thereby feminizing the face.  

For the record, I prefer a minimally invasive, short-incision facelift that incorporates shaping of the cheeks and face but with less tissue dissection and surgery time.  The presence of "jowls" remains the primary indication for some type of facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.

Mid face facelift revision

I think you look fine, but that is my opinion. You may have some edema but It's hard to say what can be fixed without a facial exam. I would do your research and find a plastic surgeon that specializes in facelift revisions. You can check out their before and after photos too.

Sam T. Hamra, MD

Revision facelift

I would recommend you to find an experienced facial plastic surgeon specializing in revision facelift. A complete facial exam is required to evaluate your best options.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Revision #facelift

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with an experience facial plastic surgeon who can address your concerns and perform an examination. At this point you have had a number of surgeries which have not yielded you the results that you were looking for. A strong understanding of your concerns and how to resolve them requires a discussion in person. 

What do you consider more femnine?

Your face appears still feminine to me but you could do without the frown.  But if you have an idea of what you desire, you can see your surgeon (or someone else if you don't want to go back) to allow your definition of feminine to be applied to your face and options can then be offered.

Curtis Wong, MD

Exam needed

It would be necessary to examine you in person.   There are always some changes in your appearance
after jaw surgery which changes your facial dimensions.  I personally do not see that the lift was overdone, but I would need to you in person along with all your pictures to see what you're referring to.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial change after facelift and mid facelift etc.

Facial change after facelift and mid facelift etc. To give you a proper answer I would need to examine your face and determine how much is residual swelling. After an examination an  experienced face lift surgeon can  the best course of treatment for the problems that bother you.

I think you look pretty good!  The only area that I see that is a little lacking is your temples.  Consider filler injections there to decrease the step-off between your cheeks and temples.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Face surgery

chi.girl1972, you are still healing so give it a year. You may someday want a lateral brow lift and a modest rhinoplasty but other than that I think you look good. My female patients are always there own worst critics sometimes to their detriment. As always chose facial plastic specialists with years of experience for any procedure. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision face lifting

Overall I say you look very good in all your photos including your most recent.  I don't think you'll get a very definitive answer on this forum with just photos as your question is quite complex.  You should find a few experienced revision specialists and go to them to discuss options, one of which would be no to do anything 

Ben Talei, MD