Are my eyelid reshaping goals possible/realistic? (Photos)

I'm willing to make my eyes longer. In the photo that I've provided the change might look too extreme but I just want to know if such a thing is feasible,even not to the extent that I'd like, through eyelid surgery. Thank you for your time.

Eyes

I would recommend following up with a reputable surgeon for a hands on evaluation. This would also help to discuss options.

Yes

The results you are looking for are realistic.  However, the best thing to do is review before/after photos of different surgeons to see how you like their work/results and find photos of patients who look more like you and have similar problem to yours to see if you like their after surgery results (make sure they show you three views from each patient - front, quarter turn and profile views).

Andre Aboolian, MD

Eyes longer with blepharoplasty

In general, blepharoplasty does not lengthen your eyes; it only removes skin that is redundant from your upper eyes.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Can eyelids be reshaped?

Horizontally lengthening of the eyelids can be done, but generally when there has been a congenital or traumatic defect that is the cause.  Your eyes appear to be within normal limits, and the horizontal width is largely determined by the attachments to your orbital bones (socket rim).  The lengthening procedures often will then make the eyes less vertically open.  I would not advise, based on your photos, that you pursue such procedures as I think you will at best be left unsatisfied and at worse suffer some problems related to the likely unsuccessful procedure attempt.  An in-person consultation with a specialist would be optimal, and in general oculoplastic surgeons affiliated with ASOPRS are the most experienced eyelid surgeons.  Your upper eyelids are very slightly asymmetric in regards to the vertical heights of the opening of your eyes as well as some contour differences.  These are not substantial or something you should worry about as we all have variations and some asymmetry.  If your upper eyelids drooped over time, however, there are good procedures to open them wider vertically.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid reshaping goals possible/realistic? (Photos)

This online forum, Realself.com, is excellent for general questions and answers, and, despite your submission of photo and simulation, I believe your question must be supplemented by information best exchanged in personal consultation.  In agreement with another responder, based on your diminutive marginal reflex distance, increasing your vertical palpebral aperture would likely offer a more salutary aesthetic improvement by generally accepted standards than increasing your horizontal palpebral aperture (see photos at link for example).

Simulation of this change in consultation and discussion of your goals are important in planning.

Steve Laverson, MD

I want to make my eyes longer

Unfortunately except for times when there has been shortening from past trauma or surgery it is not really possible to make eyes longer.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is eyelid lengthening possible?

The short answer is that, no, an eyelid lengthening procedure is not a feasible option for a cosmetic blepharoplasty. There are certain situations where some advanced plastic surgical techniques are utilized to open up either the lateral or medial corners of the eyes (the canthi), but this is typically done in cases of severe scars and occasionally to open up congenital or ethnic folds in the medial corners of the eyes. In your case, any attempt to apply these techniques would be doomed to failure because the normal anatomy of your eyes will not permit any more lengthening, and the scars that result from any ill-advised attempt would be disfiguring. I would leave things as they are - your eyes look great as they are! 

Robert Galiano, MD

Are my eyelid reshaping goals possible/realistic?

It is not really possible to make the eyes longer horizontally (unless there were shortened before) as the surrounding bone limits what can be done. If your goal is to have more open eyes, you may want to consider opening your eyes vertically. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Changing the eye anatomical landmarks

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

changing the landmarks of your eyes is more complex than using an app. Unfortunately the eyes anchor on bony structures. doing such surgery is unlikely to provide the desire outcome.

Wishing you the best in your journey