Expert on fat transfer to face (male)?

Decided I want to do a full face fat transfer, I'm a 30 year old male. Looking for a doctor that specializes in this procedure. I've been going through different doctor's photos and I like what I see, but is there somebody that is well known for their work in this specific procedure? Located in California preferably, but I'm willing to travel if they're world renowned.

Doctor Answers 5

Fat Transfer for Men

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Congratulations on your decision on having a full face fat transfer. Fat transfers are great in adding volume back to the face without making the patient look “done”. If this is your goal, fat transfer is a great option. If you want to tighten the skin, I would recommend a mini-facelift as you are still young. You seem to be in the right track finding the best board certified facial plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. In addition to before and after photos, I recommend looking at doctor reviews online as well. Good luck.

New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest you ONLY see an expert that treats a lot of men.  Fat should be harvested with puregraft and PRP added.  After treatment, sculptra injections maintain the outcomes.  Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Expert on fat transfer to face (male)?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello era99 - Thanks for your question.  There are a number of good surgeons with extensive experience with fat grafting to the face.  You are young so fat is an option, but it may not be the best option for various reasons.  Consult with someone you find here on who have reviews and before/after pictures that make you comfortable with their skill level.  With fat grafting it is important to have realistic expectations because the results are inconsistent from surgeon to surgeon, and patient to patient.  Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Facial Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question.  There is no acknowledged expert or "top" doctor for fat transfer to the face.  The vast majority of plastic surgeons and facial plastic surgeons perform the procedure especially in conjunction with facial rejuvenation procedures (such as facelifts).  I personally feel that the stem cells transferred with the volumizing fat has significant benefits for most in terms of skin rejuvenation.On the other hand, you're only 30 and might be wise to consider the much more popular use of filler injections to test your reaction to facial volumization.  Consider this option since it gives a more predictable though shorter lasting result and does not entail a surgery.Best wishes, Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

Finding the correct doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

First and foremost I would consult with a few local plastic surgeons did have top reputations and have experience with facial if I transferred. This may or may not be an appropriate procedure for you. Your age there maybe more simple appropriate procedures. Making self-assessment in regards to facial aesthetics may not be the best idea. Real self does not like for us to mention the names of other doctors on our posts. Look for consistent online reputations on multiple websites. Be leery of doctors with very strong self promoting advertising campaigns with many reviews on a single website. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.