Still experiencing severe cold sensitivity after root canal

Upper moler w/ old crown, cavity developed, along with cold/hot sensitivity. dr. filled cavity put temp, but still sensitive for months. tried different techniques, but after a few months of sensitivity, did root canal. did xray to make sure all was gone. still extremely sensitive to cold day after root canal. how is this possible? no cracks or infection was seen during root canal - makes me think it was not necessary.

Sensitivity after root canal #DrSoftTouch

It is not uncommon to experience some pain and sensitivity after root canal therapy. The purpose of a root canal is to remove the infected or damaged nerve from the inner portion of a tooth. It can take a few days and sometimes up to a few weeks for everything to heal up, and soreness is normal. I would recommend taking over the counter pain medication, and do not hesitate to contact your dentist if you have concerns.  I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.